I lasted 3 hours in the world until, I ran out of ammo in my double barrel shotgun and got eatin' by some Zeds. I had a MAP, WATCH, Blood packs, a few cokes, Morphine and all that good stuff. I think we need those guns back, or at least, a hatchet to spawn with. Some sort of self defense right off the bat would be nice.

Give me your opinion! :D

I spawned without a gun and I looted Elektro successfully.

It's not tremendously hard to survive without a gun, just be careful.

If you found a shotgun, and started to see you were running low on shells, that should have been your priority. Hit any of the big farms and there is a good chance you will find shells AND a hatchet. If you wait to run out of ammo before you go look for more then starting with a gun won't help you much.

It was hard at first, but it gets easier with experience. Its definitively a good healthy challenge. It just sucks that you dont start with some GODDAMM MORPHINE

If you found a shotgun' date=' and started to see you were running low on shells, that should have been your priority. Hit any of the big farms and there is a good chance you will find shells AND a hatchet. If you wait to run out of ammo before you go look for more then starting with a gun won't help you much.

[/quote']

Though you still have to be cautious about what you do. A few minutes ago I was a happy-go-lucky guy because I had found an M1014 in the fire station in Elektro. Well, my happiness got crushed underneath the boot of a man with a Lee Enfield at the top of the fire station

A helpful tip: Don't go to the fire station in Elektro alone, or you'll have a bad time.

Yes, I would have to agree that having no self defense right off the bat, is, a good healthy challenge! I have been playing this mod for a while, and with practice, comes experience!

I hope to see some of you in-game!

Thanks,

i dont like the idea. maybe in america all the people run around with guns in their pockets, but in europe no one can do that! so it would destroy the image of a lucky survivor with no military background...

I don't think I've been in a building that DOESN'T have a bloody hatchet... I exaggerate oviously, but they are bloody everywhere, no need to start with one..

also, I like the no starting gun and lower gun spawns in general. Ammo I find everywhere.. guns for it... less so. It actually gives some worth to the 'lesser' guns imho. Once I'd be like 'enfield? winnie?.. that'll do until I get a proper military weapon', but now It's more like 'bag-of-shit double-barrel? thank the lord' ;)

For the first time now, I feel like I'm packing when I have an enfield... it makes the whole experience seem more 'civilian' now, like I'm actually just a Joe trying to survive, rather than a trained mercenary looking for tanks...

sorry but you are a complete NOOB. You had a MAP and 3h of playtime? And didnt found any weapons? OMFG. Deer stands anyone ?

Protip if having a map:

-> http://dayzdb.com/map

-> decide which loot spawn to loot

-> place a marker on the map

-> follow the marker

-> profit