trev

Downloading Arma 2 from Bohemia

Hi all

This is my first post here and I am really looking forward to getting into DayZ. I was just wondering if anyone had bought the Arma 2 combined operation bundle from Bohemia Interactives website and how does the game download? I've used Steam in the past and downloads can stop and start when my PC is running which is great as I have a pretty slow broadband speed so games can take several days to download.

Does Bohemia use a similar downloader as the shopping cart says it's 14.8gb and the version is a non steam and I am worried I won't be able to download it in one constant session

Any help appreciated

Trev

Just get it through steam, it's easier.

Leave your PC running for several days, download both games at the same time.

You can buy it off Bohemia and then choose to download it from steam.

They offer that option. So you get the Bohemia price at 25% off and the use of steam.

Done

Cool, sounds like steam is the way to go then. Does the DayZ mod install OK on steam and are there any issues with it?

Just get it through steam' date=' it's easier.

Leave your PC running for several days, download both games at the same time.

[/quote']

few days? Only took me 3 hours. Just sat back and played some Dungeon Village on my Iphone until it was done.

So you lot used steam and Day Z was easy to install?

Trev

So you lot used steam and Day Z was easy to install?

Trev

I got combined operation from them, its steam version so you get a steam key.

DLC are not steam version, but still work, just remember to download latest CO patch and install it on top of everything

can't say since i didn't try it !

You could still buy it on steam

Lol. Useless message of the day or what?

IMHO' date=' to avoid frustration, [u']do not buy Arma on Steam.

Steam installs A2 and OA in different directories, meaning you have to use stupid work-arounds to get certain mods and files to work, although due to popularity of DayZ means there are many tutorials out there. (normal install doesn't require tutorials to install simple stuff)

Use Sprocket and buy the normal files, the sprocket downloader can be stopped/started as and when necessary.

Once you have the setup files, then you can install where you like and it all goes into one lovely directory.

Steam is only good for auto-updating and that's it as far as Arma 2 goes.

can't say since i didn't try it !

You could still buy it on steam

Lol. Useless message of the day or what?

IMHO' date=' to avoid frustration, [u']do not buy Arma on Steam.

Steam installs A2 and OA in different directories, meaning you have to use stupid work-arounds to get certain mods and files to work, although due to popularity of DayZ means there are many tutorials out there. (normal install doesn't require tutorials to install simple stuff)

Use Sprocket and buy the normal files, the sprocket downloader can be stopped/started as and when necessary.

Once you have the setup files, then you can install where you like and it all goes into one lovely directory.

Steam is only good for auto-updating and that's it as far as Arma 2 goes.

I didn't have to follow any tutorials for steam....Most of it is self explanatory if you've ever modded another game.