zaxc75

Hatchets Everywhere!

Oh deary. I'm an avid DayZ player, but I'm not sure if this is a bug or a stroke of bad luck, but every farm house or deer stand or any building I happen upon seems to have had a large influx of hatchets only! (Not the weapon kind, either.) What's going on? Help would be greatly appreciated.:P

I noticed that happened on a couple of servers for me a couple of days ago... hatchets/tin cans/ammo everywhere but nothing else at all.

One of my friends has been running a server and found that the longer it runs without being restarted the more tin cans, hatchets, and chem lights spawn.

Rocket mentioned nerfing the hatchet spawns the other day. I think he said he input the loot percentage incorrectly. You should see far fewer in 1.7.2.

Hatchet smatchet' date=' there are WAY to many watches in the grocery stores!

[/quote']

^ This.. watches have become the bane, the last grocery i visited had no less than 4 watches -_-

One of my friends has been running a server and found that the longer it runs without being restarted the more tin cans' date=' hatchets, and chem lights spawn.

[/quote']

I experienced the same when I was playing today.

Cans, hatchets, and the occasional pistol ammo and flare.

4 hours of foraging dozens of loot spots and nothing but those items.

Let's just assume it's a glitch in the matrix.

i was playing for 2 hours before i died,i found 3 dead corpses,all of them with hatchets.And a lot of chemlights

A LOT of them :P

I love hatchets.. :) Its pretty much the only weapon I get to use now a days

I love hatchets.. :) Its pretty much the only weapon I get to use now a days

Having to defend yourself against a group of runners with and axe makes for desperate and brutal combat.

I live in a country where private gun ownership is very restricted so the start of the game feel very realistic and immersive.

Also, aren't the parts in zombie movies where people have to fend them off with comon household items the most violent and exciting?

I will grudgingly admit that I love axes. :)

You also can't deny their value as a stealth weapon by the way.

I can't wait for the moment when I get to split the skull of a bandit sniper who failed to notice me. :D