Lith

US 244 - Dallas Server Thread / Information

Changed server name to include space between US and 244. Was originally a typo.

Can a mod please edit the topic title to include a space between US and 244?

Example:

US 244 - Dallas Server Thread / Information

Done, oh and it was rather stable from what I saw from a little session earlier, thanks for hosting :).

Awesome, thanks Vipeax :)

Niceone lith,,the desyncs were kinda querky.

Server went down, i ended up in krasnostav, tabor at the factor and angus was dead. Haha!

Updating to 1.7.2.3 / 94876 at the moment. Should be up in 5-10 minutes.

Server is up. Sorry it took so long was busy all day on a project and then when I went to update, the beta took FOREVER to download for the server.

Weird bug - not sure if server or hacker.

Suddenly all our guns, in our group, changed to an AKM with ammo. In gear menu it shows akm - but in top right it shows m14 and when i reload it reloads with DMR mags. It also fire likes a m14 with the aim scope still attached. I changed server and it still shows the same.

Off to work now though :( Maybe someone logged on an did some hacking stuff and it screwed everyone over??

Edited by Daks-SiN

Think it's a hacker. It was reported a helicopter is flying around too.

Think it's a hacker. It was reported a helicopter is flying around too.

I was on during the AKM hack, I didn't reload it and immediately went to a loot pile and dropped it and I didn't loose any of my gear and still had my primary. hope this helps. Lith is working on getting the server right again and asshole free.

Helicopter spawners and air strike scripters banned.

• Like 1

we killed some dude named Daks creeping around, we were going to make him a slave but he put up a fight and looked kinda frail. oh well.

we killed some dude named Daks creeping around, we were going to make him a slave but he put up a fight and looked kinda frail. oh well.

Hah at balota air strip?

More hackers I assume. We were having fun at Balota this weekend. Maybe we pissed off someone enough to come back and airstrike hack it.

Banned 3 more airstrike and chopper spawners... Lots of kids playing this game now I guess.

Also added list to initial post with GUID/IPs.

Edited by Lith

Hi there, first of all let me say I really enjoy your server and play it exclusively. Well the other day my friend trent (as seen on your banned list) were playing in cherno. He glitched in a doorway and broke his leg. I went to seek morphine while he held his position with his shotgun. The server then reset to "ban hackers", and we soon found out he was banned. Now let me say I bought this game for him on saturday, he is a new player. I assure you he was not hacking in any way. Now we struggle to find a good server that we can play together on. I know mistakes happen, so I'm asking you to please unban him so we can enjoy your server once more. Thanks.

Hey, I am posting here because I got banned as well for hacking. I am friends with Shappie, we just bought the game this past week or so and I can double confirm none of us are hackers. I understand you used some script to check for the spawning of heli's but ive never even seen one in game haha. I know it was just some sort of mistake and we can't wait to get back on and play with all our group.

I am sorry if you were accidentally banned. The logs 100% said your names against the scripts I ran against. I'll look into the possibility to prove it was emulated by a hacker. Please be patient as Arma and Dayz support for catching hackers has been little to none. Myself and many many admins have voiced our displeasure with this as the hacking gets worse every day.

Hey Lith,

While I understand you concern as a server administrator (and the probably countless times you've encountered something like this) - I personally play with both RootWizzy and Shappie. I have spent nearly every hour logged in with the two of them. We have, as a group, never even seen a helicopter. The first DayZ helicopter I encountered was this morning around 3:00AM CST flying near Belota (I was approaching on foot from the north side).

Is it possible to release the script you are using against the logs? According to this thread it has resulted in a potential of three false positives. While I understand you are likely extremely skeptical, I am one hundred percent positive that Shappie and RootWizzy have never done any of the accusations thrown at them.

I understand banning them from your server based on your discretion and appreciate your pro-activeness in your efforts to inhibit hackers, but I assure you these (Shappie and RootWizzy, cannot comment on the other as I do not know him/her) are false positives. If you deem this incorrect and withhold the banning, it would be nice to see the log sections and the script so that it can be evaluated to prevent these mistakes in the future.

I hope to resume my play on Dallas 244, but since you have banned two of my squad mates it is looking grim. Thanks for letting us play on your server while we could.

V

I'm not sure what evidence I can provide to get Trent unbanned...i can just tell you I was playing in the same room beside him the whole time and can personally vouch for him. And if you can check his play time somehow you will see he is new.

Hello. Here to report a hacking incident: My friend and I had recently hit a base full to the brim with good loot, NVGs, GPS, weapons, all that. We had taken a good amount of stuff, but still hadn't really made a dent, we were going to head back after dropping the stuff off at our own base. It was actually pretty late at the time, so we logged off halfway between and went to sleep. In the morning, when we were both up, we headed to our camp, sent up a new tent, and put in: 3 Ghillies suits, 3 NVGs, a few GPS's, and a couple weapons. We really didn't do much after that, and really we didn't do much, he had to do something, so we both logged. Later, we came on, and our other friend came on, so we went to the tent to get him a suit and GPS, when we saw trees knocked down and our tent flattened. "Oh, someone could have gone there, tkaen it, and blown it up" No, shut up, I haven't seen any item in the game that can knock down trees. Satchel chargtes might, haven't gotten any of those yet, but our car, in sight of the tent from any direction, was unmolested and still had the shit it had before, and our main camp was fine. I have images if someone wants them.

TL;DR: Fisting. In the butt.

Edited by jFUCKINGz