Swineflew

I'm a shoot on site murderer. AMA.

How often do you get killed when you say "friendly" to a group of player that either outgear, outnumber or otherwise have an advantage over you?

How do you imagine the game if the metagame shifted to kill on sight for most players?

... or any means necessary. ...

Does "any means necessary" include disconnecting if you're going to lose and/or server hopping for easy loot?

If the answer is no then I do not hate you. I would gladly accept a death at your hands. If the answer is yes...well...

Any person that has tried to kill me and failed has d/c'd unless I get a lucky headshot' date=' but I'm sure he is the exception to the rule.

[hr']

I play a lot of team games' date=' but games like this im allowed to be bad. I'm allowed I lie cheat and steal.

It's not very often you get games that allow such brutal play styles.

I can go home right now and play 100 different games that don't allow me to the things I can in dayz. Death doesn't mean anything in most games, eve comes to mind as another game I enjoy.

I like being the villian. It's hard to put into words but I like games that have punishments for dying. I'm not a fan of pvp with no penalty of death.

[/quote']

Well I can guarantee that if you keep punishing new spawns with no gear for the mistake of trusting someone at their word along with all these other assholes, it's going to hurt the player base. If we want this game to succeed, our actions need to reflect that.

Well you could grow a pair and still be a villain, bud. J/k lol, I get that it's your playstyle and I don't want to tell others how they should enjoy the game. It just irritates me because I have already seen many people quit the game as a result of this kind of stuff. We can call them scrubs or carebears and say who cares but the bottom line is WE SHOULD CARE. The more players we have when the game nears completion, the better. More revenue = better game for all of us.

... or any means necessary. ...

Does "any means necessary" include disconnecting if you're going to lose and/or server hopping for easy loot?

If the answer is no then I do not hate you. I would gladly accept a death at your hands. If the answer is yes...well...

Nah' date=' I don't really care about dying and I hate reconnecting to servers anyway. I will suicide if low on blood or something like that.

I've though about doing login traps like I've done in eve before, but it never seemed worth the effort.

[hr']

You are experiencing very little of the game with this play-style.

These methods would mostly only work on lone wolves.

I wouldn't say positioning takes intelligence in this game.

Sounds quite boring with the occasional "kill rush".

Um' date=' some of it is just kill them before they react, but most of the time I only have a pistol since I die often. I really do a lot of stalking and trying to close the gap on people who don't see me, i'll try and be sneaky and stuff like that.

Lone wolves are easy to kill if you get the drop on someone, but killing groups can be done. I've killed people behind other peoples backs, shot people and claimed sniper, things like that. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

For this type of game im just not to big into grouping and gearing up to kill zeds or build a vehicle. I just don't see an endgame to it, no bigger goal or challenge I guess.

[hr']

How often do you get killed when you say "friendly" to a group of player that either outgear' date=' outnumber or otherwise have an advantage over you?

How do you imagine the game if the metagame shifted to kill on sight for most players?

[/quote']

When I claim friendly they'll sometimes kill me, sometimes offer to group up but mostly they'll just let me go on my way.

I feel like if the meta moves to kos then we'll see a bigger growth in clans and people grouping up outside of the game, because you can get more done as a group so if it's too dangerous to group in game it'll move to an outside source.

Frankly that doesn't really bother me. I'm surprised there isn't more of that now tbh.

Do you kill people for loot, amusement or just because its so simple as hitting the left mouse button, or to maybe annoy them or what?

Personally I ignore noobs with shitty loot on them since I dont want other people to turn into shoot on sight fags and I also wont get any amusement by shooting them either.

Do you kill people for loot' date=' amusement or just because its so simple as hitting the left mouse button, or to maybe annoy them or what?

Personally I ignore noobs with shitty loot on them since I dont want other people to turn into shoot on sight fags and I also wont get any amusement by shooting them either.

[/quote']

Loot is just a bonus. Amusement to a point I suppose. There are games where I enjoy the rage, like camping lower levels in wow, but I don't get too much rage in dayz. I will admit that I am the kind of person that enjoys people getting super upset and raging out over a video game, I can't explain why exactly. I just love how irrational they start to be. Although on that note I won't exploit or hack/cheat to do that. I only play within the rules of a game.

It's only page 3 folks' date=' read the thread before asking questions lol

[/quote']

Nah, it's fine. I actually think of questions differently when people ask them in different ways.