Runtz

Med Kits or First Aid Kits!

So we know how easy it is to get injured in DayZ. Heck I could never get rid of those broken bones if it wasn't for my morphine! However, what if there was an alternative to morphine and bandages?

Introducing Med Kits!

CMK.png

Now you might be thinking this will just make it easier for people to survive and blahdabla. Well you are right on the surviving part, but nobody said they were easy to find or use. Sure med kits can be used to fix broken bones and stop bleeding but there are a few catches.

1. Finding Med Kits

A Med Kit is not your casual morphine, it is a very rare find even in hospitals! So if you find one treasure it.

2. Equipping Med Kits

So now you got it, where is it stored? Glad you asked! It takes the place of your backpack! Why? Cause its a Med Kit! Oh I should mention it does have a certain number of slots, but only for additional medical supplies such as Painkillers, Antibiotics, Blood Bags etc... and for Food and Water.

3. Using the Med Kit

Now there will be two kinds of people reading this, the ones who still think its overpowered cause it heals broken bones and magically stops bleeding and the ones who think they'll be able to play god with it. Well you are both wrong because the Med Kit can only be used by a buddy! Yep, if you have a team, whoever wears it will now (technically, not officially) be the team medic! (Of course he can still carry guns and ammo and etc because, well, he will still have inventory slots)

But wait who heals the Medic's broken bones? Well unless you have some morphine or you're willing to trade bags the medic is pretty much dead until you decide a course of action that involves saving him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And that is my suggestion I hope you liked it, if not feel free to share your opinion wether you think this would be a good idea or just an overpowered pack. Either way thanks for reading.

I would love to see something like this, maybe with a defibrillator; 35% chance of reviving a player.

I would love to see something like this' date=' maybe with a defibrillator; 35% chance of reviving a player.

[/quote']

That'd be awesome! Of course it would have to be just a few seconds after he died or something. But I do like the idea.

That'd be awesome! Of course it would have to be just a few seconds after he died or something. But I do like the idea.

Yea something simple like if they haven't respawned yet, you can use the defibrillator on the player.

So wait, this seems a little inconsistent. One minute you make it sound like the kit has endless med supplies; with talk of how this is "the alternative" to using Morphine and etc, and how the person wearing it can't use it; but then you're talking about how it has inventory slots for medical supplies? I dunno, maybe it's just the all-nighter playing tricks with my head, but I seem to be getting mixed messages hear.

As for the person wearing it not being able to use it... what's to stop your group from having someone else carry a couple supplies to use on him? And on that matter, if the bag has room for med supplies, what's to stop a teammate from reaching into the bag to grab that morphine pen to use on the medic's broken leg?

I'd propose an idea would be making a med kit a multi use all purpose medical supply.

So, it serves any effect that a current medical supply does as needed, takes up the backpack slot and has 10 uses. That could be 10 broken bones or 3 broken bones, 2 pain meds and 5 bleeders.

I mean, the game needs a bit of a tweak in that "painkillers" and "morphine" are distinct and not even slightly interchangable which is...odd... Morphine should double for painkillers even if the reverse is not true.

So wait' date=' this seems a little inconsistent. One minute you make it sound like the kit has endless med supplies; with talk of how this is "the alternative" to using Morphine and etc, and how the person wearing it can't use it; but then you're talking about how it has inventory slots for medical supplies? I dunno, maybe it's just the all-nighter playing tricks with my head, but I seem to be getting mixed messages hear.

As for the person wearing it not being able to use it... what's to stop your group from having someone else carry a couple supplies to use on him? And on that matter, if the bag has room for med supplies, what's to stop a teammate from reaching into the bag to grab that morphine pen to use on the medic's broken leg?

[/quote']

Nothing stops you from doing the things you mentioned its just an idea anyways. Also inventory slots are for extra medical supplies, its main job is band-aids and morphine and that defribillator was a good idea.

Could work. Definitely needs a little more tweaking, but you might be on to something here. This would, again, add an incentive to team-play. A player with a med-kit on their back is invaluable to a group, but useless to a lone wolf.

But why not just find large packs for your group and assign roles to people? And, I hate to say it like this, but, were I a bandit, the FIRST bastard I'm picking off is the guy with the big white plus-sign on his back. Then, as he dies in the mud, his friends have to choose to save his stuff (which, in turn, makes them easy targets), or spend another few hours scrounging for the next med kit.