Sign in to follow this  
Klazsh

Ability to Heal Bones Over Time

In dayz you can only heal bones with morphine, but in reality you can let it rest and the bones will heal over time, so i was thinking that bones should heal over a span of like 30 minutes or anytime unnecessary. Now imagine you have all this stuff in the middle of the woods and you get hurt from a zombie and your leg breaks...well you would be screwed if you didn't have morphine so you would either crawl for hours, or kill yourself, now imagine if bones healed over time, you would have a better survival change and its realistic. Remember when a doctor tell you to just rest and it will heal, well if you play over time its healing more and more until it is completely healed. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

I think it could work, maybe there could be a common item like a cast that wouldn't be as effective as morphine but it would allow you to slowly heal it a bit faster.

Stop with the " heal over time " feature already.

Getting screwed by zombies is part of the game. You learn how to play when getting hurt and/or dying. Starting over isn't that bad. It's too convenient to auto heal... It would make the game too easy, imo.

No-one is going to sit still for 30 minutes. Personally I think it is fine how it is.

You wont stand still' date=' you will still be able to crawl...so its not that boring

[hr']

Stop with the " heal over time " feature already.

Getting screwed by zombies is part of the game. You learn how to play when getting hurt and/or dying. Starting over isn't that bad. It's too convenient to auto heal... It would make the game too easy' date=' imo.

[/quote'] Its not about keeping your stuff, it would just add realism of healing bones over time, if you die i honestly dont care, but i've had friends who stopped playing because of the broken bones, and i asked many people this feature is a feature that apparently wants to be added

I don't agree with adding a timer to heal because, as stated above, it makes the game too easy. I personally feel like the point of broken bones and morphine should be to keep players from getting too cocky and going after huge amounts of zombies and to overall keep players afraid of zombies in general. I have given much thought to the current game mechanic, because as of right now a broken leg = a respawn if you don't have morphine, which is often. There are simple things like decreasing the chance of a broken bone (as is being done), having a timer for them to heal, etc etc but I think those ideas are going all totally in the wrong direction. We need a new game mechanic, one better suited to the point of a broken bone. Giving yourself a timer just gives you the chance to be like, "Well shit, I broke my leg. I guess I'll go sit under this tree for 30 minutes and eat lunch. Then I can play when I get back!" It's pointless, it's too easy, and it's not authentic in the slightest.

My idea has always been as follows:

Broken leg only heals with a wooden splint/cast item.

Bandages allow you to move fully for, say, 30 minutes.

Painkillers allow you to move for, say, 1 hour.

Since morphine is simply a painkiller, taking it will give you the chance to move around fully for, say, 2 or 3 hours.

This adds that rush of, "Ah crap, I broke my leg. Now I have to take some morphine and try and find a splint." It adds urgency, and makes every minute more intense, like when you need antibiotics or you're dying of hunger. For this idea to work properly, morphine spawns should be increased slightly and the splint item should follow the exact spawn rate as morphine now.