Sign in to follow this  
Plainer

Trash/Throwables - Distance required to attract zombies?

Is all trash the same? Does a Tin-Can make as much noise as a whiskey bottle? How about soda cans? While we're at it, what is the range on chem-lights, smoke grenades, and road flares?

I know relatively what they are from experimenting, but I'm curious if theres actual numbers documented on this. It seems to me that tin-cans nearly have to actually make contact with the zombie for it to even realize that its there. Plus, whats with some zombies not giving a damn about flares or smoke grenades? They just walk by them as if nothing happened.

Where does the "noise" exist with smoke grenades/flares? If the object bounces off of the ground, does that make a sound? Or only where its resting place lies at? Do they have to be looking at it to know its there? If it lands behind them, are they less likely to notice?

I wish there was a safe way to practice with all types lol... I don't want to risk losing my character just yet.

Is all trash the same? Does a Tin-Can make as much noise as a whiskey bottle? How about soda cans? While we're at it' date=' what is the range on chem-lights, smoke grenades, and road flares?

I know relatively what they are from experimenting, but I'm curious if theres actual numbers documented on this. It seems to me that tin-cans nearly have to actually make contact with the zombie for it to even realize that its there. Plus, whats with some zombies not giving a damn about flares or smoke grenades? They just walk by them as if nothing happened.

Where does the "noise" exist with smoke grenades/flares? If the object bounces off of the ground, does that make a sound? Or only where its resting place lies at? Do they have to be looking at it to know its there? If it lands behind them, are they less likely to notice?

I wish there was a safe way to practice with all types lol... I don't want to risk losing my character just yet.

[/quote']

Would like to know this as well.