switch296

Helicopter Crash Site Map

I don't think people know that crashed helicopters (Like cars now) spawn in completely random places unless I am wrong. Anyways if I am wrong you forgot one spawns next to the factory north of Dolina...

I don't think people know that crashed helicopters (Like cars now) spawn in completely random places unless I am wrong. Anyways if I am wrong you forgot one spawns next to the factory north of Dolina...

Cars don't spawn in random positions. I have seen on atleast 5 servers a bus in front of the church in Elektro. Always in the same position. That can't be a coincidence.

Helicopters maybee spawn random but not everywhere. So the map gives you a better idea where to search. They seem to spawn never at the coast, only on flat ground and only on grasland.

I discovered another crashsite near Polana. 200 meters south-east of the position I reporter earlier.

If you guys have not realized these are random not position. You are slowly filling every field up. Obviously the most are seen near NW and Stary being people are often in those locations the most.

This is a common misconception.

Helicopters spawns are random to an extent - This is true. But they do have set locations that they spawn in.

For example, even though in a field a crashed helicopter can spawn all over that field, it will have 5 set locations it can possibly spawn in, it doesn't just randomly pick terrain to spawn it on in an area.

:)

Will be adding the ones you guys sent soon, thanks for the help!

Adding on to what Switch said, there one set location in the fields they spawn, BUT the crashes can spawn ANYWHERE within a 500-1000m radius from that location. The hard part is finding the middle of that circle to know where to look, but they are there alright. It's random to a certain extent.

My friend showed me how this works because he's been doing it for a while, and it never fails. He knows all the locations and always finds them.

There are virtually hundreds, if not thousands of possible spawn, so you're really better off searching large open fields on your own. A map like the one you guys are trying to make will be useless. Find the fields they generally spawn in, and look around. It's easier than you think.

what do they mean by Copy the url to link your map! on Dayzdb.com/map?

I just found out something, 90% of the helicopters I find are within 500 meters of a deer stand, though I do go a lot for deer stands, so that might be it.

EDIT: I will download the map and put a couple I found on it.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/130/crashedhelimapv7.jpg

The blue crosses near Grishino, Stary Sobor, and south est of Devil's castle are the helis I have found that are not already on the map.

Adding on to what Switch said' date=' there one set location in the fields they spawn, BUT the crashes can spawn ANYWHERE within a 500-1000m radius from that location. The hard part is finding the middle of that circle to know where to look, but they are there alright. It's random to a certain extent.

My friend showed me how this works because he's been doing it for a while, and it never fails. He knows all the locations and always finds them.

There are virtually hundreds, if not thousands of possible spawn, so you're really better off searching large open fields on your own. A map like the one you guys are trying to make will be useless. Find the fields they generally spawn in, and look around. It's easier than you think.

[/quote']

I really disagree with with how you believe helicopter spawns work.

My clan and I hunt helicopters A-LOT and we have always noticed that they spawn in set locations, not random locations in certain fields. Set locations.

If I can somehow be proved wrong (Which I don't think is possible, we spent hours comparing our information and screenshots yesterday to make sure of this) then I apologize but I am 100% sure they have set spawn locations even if there is lots, but I doubt there would be over 100.

FUCKING awesome. Love your work.

Also, there's one above Prud (east of NWAF).

And one in the field north of Drozhino and Kozlovka. Directly between the two towns but north.

All the others I can remember are on there though :P

Switch, I have more locations that aren't on the map yet. How can I add them?

Checked about 10 places- found 0 helis. But I think on some servers this map may work (all depends on spawn location)

No, the map is for all servers.

You have to understand how rare crashed helicopters are - They have the absolute best loot obtainable in the game. It is not uncommon to find NVGs, Machine Guns and 50 cal. sniper rifles at them.

Me and my clan grid search entire servers and sometimes find only 2 or 3, sometimes as many as 6.

If you have helicopters to add please send us a screenshot or GPS co-ordinates and we will add them when we verify them :)

Also, completely new map with a much more professional look!

So i got another one: Its right between Rogovo and Pogorevka on the small plain north of Pogorevka.

Also i think there are no real spawnpoints as its all fully randomized and if you look on this map you kinda realize that helis spawn EVERYWHERE except for the coast and forrests...

It would make no sense to mark them on DayZDB cause you would have marks for crashsites wherever there are no trees marked....

I do a lot of chopper-spotting and have found that crashed helicopters do appear to have fixed spawn locations. I have a personal map of crash sites and have compared it to the one provided by Switch. With only four exceptions, all of the crash sites I've found so far are shown on his map. I have a circuit that I typically run when chopper-spotting and have found crash sites in the same location on multiple occasions.

A map of confirmed crash sites comes in handy when plotting a route for a dedicated session of chopper-spotting. You can use the map to observe the density of possible crash sites, openess of the terrain for maximum viewing distance, and ease of navigation in order to make the best use of your time and increase your odds of finding a crash site.

Edited by Mr Pink
  • Like 1

I guess I've been really unlucky, as I haven't seen a single heli crash site during my over 60 hours. :o

At least now I know that they can spawn up north aswell, as I've kinda been blaming the fact that I'm often pretty far north.

I'm pretty sure these maps are useless since the spawns are completely random.

Correct me if I'm wrong please :)

(Meaning they can spawn anywhere as long as the area is open enough)

Edited by XAM
  • Like 1

The most heli-crash-sites seem to appear in the area around Stary Sobor and NWAF ... already found min. ~15 crashed helis in this area.

I never found any NVGs, GPSs, 50cal rifles or rangefinders at any crash-site, only M249 SAW (1x), Mk 48 Mod 0 (1x), M14 (3x), DMR (1x), FN FAL (5x), PP-19 Bizon (at least 1 per crash-site)

And of course lots of crap and useless (cuz these weapons never are there) ammuntion for 50cal sinpers or SVDs...

I gave up hoping to find something "special" at heli-crashes ... only FALs and Bizons there most of the time

Edit: the GPS i have now was found in a deer stand :P

Edited by Vatrakh

I guess I've been really unlucky, as I haven't seen a single heli crash site during my over 60 hours. :o

At least now I know that they can spawn up north aswell, as I've kinda been blaming the fact that I'm often pretty far north.

You must have terrible luck. I tagged three yesterday: 1 just southeast of Vybor, 1 in the open field north of Green Mountain, and 1 near the farm to the east of Kabanino.

I never found any NVGs, GPSs, 50cal rifles or rangefinders at any crash-site, only M249 SAW (1x), Mk 48 Mod 0 (1x), M14 (3x), DMR (1x), FN FAL (5x), PP-19 Bizon (at least 1 per crash-site)

And of course lots of crap and useless (cuz these weapons never are there) ammuntion for 50cal sinpers or SVDs...

I gave up hoping to find something "special" at heli-crashes ... only FALs and Bizons there most of the time

I've felt your pain. One of the choppers I found yesterday had five (five!!!) FAL's, and nothing else.

If you're not already doing so, be sure to check towards the rear of the chopper, along the tail boom back towards the tail rotor. I've found items tucked under the tail boom. In fact, I found my latest pair of NVG's almost right underneath the tail rotor.

You might consider keeping at least a few magazines of AS50 and SVD ammunition if you're lucky enough to find it. Those weapons sometimes spawn without ammunition so, best to keep some if you find it.

As for rangefinders, I believe they only spawn at the military barracks at the NWA. And even then, they're quite rare.

• Like 1