peep

Can't disable crosshair?

I'm using veteran and in my server's profile I have weaponcursor set to 0 in the veteran settings but crosshairs are still enabled ingame, and the server is on veteran. If I edit the expert settings to add third person instead it just uses regular difficulty.

Why are my settings not working properly?

If you're using Veteran in the server config:

class Missions

{

class DayZ {

template = dayz_1757.Chernarus;

difficulty = "Veteran";

};

};

And you have weaponCursor = 0 (Veteran class) in the server profile, restart the server and crosshairs should be off.

If what I said above is obvious and unhelpful, I'm really sorry for this useless post.

But, you can not edit Expert (Mercenary) settings, if you try to it reverts back to regular.

When you guys say server profile, what specific file are you talking about? I'm familiar with the area in the CFG where you change difficulties. I'm trying to disable the crosshair too on my Veteran server.

@Castiel Yeah, I've done exactly what you mentioned there and they still seem to be turned on. I must be doing something wrong somewhere, though.

@Lith The server profile is in \cfgdayz\Users\cfgdayz\cfgdayz.ArmA2OAProfile

Here is exactly what it looks like:

};

class Veteran

{

class Flags

{

Armor=1;

FriendlyTag=0;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=0;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=0;

WeaponCursor=0;

AutoAim=0;

AutoGuideAT=0;

3rdPersonView=1;

ClockIndicator=0;

Map=0;

Tracers=1;

AutoSpot=0;

UltraAI=0;

DeathMessages=1;

NetStats=1;

VonID=1;

And in the server configuration file:

class Missions

{

class DayZ {

template = dayz_4035.Chernarus;

difficulty = "veteran"; // change this for other difficulty settings, regular, expert is valid

};

I'm also interested in getting the white dots on the side of the screen (not sure what they're called) removed as well. How do I do that?

I used the sample Veteran class and the only thing I did was change the WeaponCursor setting back to 0, yet the crosshairs are still enabled after a restart. If I press escape ingame it does say Veteran in the menu.

This is odd.

I'm having the same problem. I'm changing the config files to disable the Waypoint and Crosshairs option but it doesn't seem to 'remember' it in-game. While the server recognizes that it is in Veteran mode, it is not utilizing the configuration I set up. Any help from server admins of DayZ Devs would be much appreciated.

US85 is having the same problem. Would it have anything to do with installing the 94444 beta and rolling it back to the 94364??

O$

@OneShot It shouldn't have to do with a rollback because I haven't installed 94444 yet. Since I'm not alone here, looks like one of the DayZ devs will have to chime in on this one.

Yeah Peep, I've tried too and crosshairs are still on for my server.

Seems to be not only crosshairs but also seeing yourself on the map and also seeing other survivors shadowed with a green "aura" and zombies and animals in a white "aura"... wtf is going on!!!!???

O$

OneShotX' pid='243388' dateline='1341373015']

Seems to be not only crosshairs but also seeing yourself on the map and also seeing other survivors shadowed with a green "aura" and zombies and animals in a white "aura"... wtf is going on!!!!???

O$

same issue here. cant find a fix

I had the dots all over the screen this morning and a bunch of other settings I didn't want. Somehow fixed itself when I restarted the server and made sure it had veteran on (even though it already did.) :/

Still no luck with the removal of crosshairs or other things.

Anything new on this?

Change the entry from the command line which marked in red on the one that is highlighted in green.

-profiles=cfgdayz -config=cfgdayz\your_server.cfg -cfg=cfgdayz\arma2.cfg -name=LocationID -world=Chernarus

-profiles=cfgdayz -config=cfgdayz\your_server.cfg -cfg=cfgdayz\arma2.cfg -name=cfgdayz -world=Chernarus

Should be ok :)

Change the entry from the command line which marked in red on the one that is highlighted in green.

-profiles=cfgdayz -config=cfgdayz\your_server.cfg -cfg=cfgdayz\arma2.cfg -name=LocationID -world=Chernarus

-profiles=cfgdayz -config=cfgdayz\your_server.cfg -cfg=cfgdayz\arma2.cfg -name=cfgdayz -world=Chernarus

I did the same, somehow it still shows crosshair. I use firedaemon to start my service with it indicating the correct command line as above.

I did the same' date=' somehow it still shows crosshair. I use firedaemon to start my service with it indicating the correct command line as above.

[/quote']

same here. I even tried creating a different profile with a different name. still nothing

This worked for me. Never realized that I needed to change that line. I had left it at LocationID all while the file I had edited was the profile under cfgdayz. Thanks!

Where exactly can I change these settings?

I have a rented gameserver and the same problems with my crosshair settings etc.

Stefan

Edited by FallObst