Sign in to follow this  
DangerOnPc

DayZ Mod Admin Abuse!

No, I wouldn't say that's abuse, just one of those admins who likes to fly around in Apaches and kill zombies (Boring AF)

He didn't attack you, or do anything to you really. You weren't supposed to take that Apache. He probably just spawned it in to derp around with it (Frowned upon, but as long as he wasn't using it to kill other people, it's his right as a server owner)

I'm sure you could understand that he didn't want some random player who had just KOSed him to get an attack helicopter. In all likelihood you would have flown up the coast and killed everyone you saw, with them having no chance to fight back, assuming the server was mostly legit and didn't have Apaches spawning on airfields. 

An example of admin abuse, in my book would be: (Real things that happened to me)

Me and a friend are driving up the coast in separate cars when we see a Police car driving towards us. We form a barricade with the cars and unload into the police car with M16s. Four players dressed as cops and wielding M240s hop out while we hit each other them 15 times easily with M16s and M4s. However, they had invincibility on and didn't die, despite the multiple headshots and countless body shots.

They then start spraying with M240s (But it took them awhile to kill us) and we go down. Then is direct they say things like "Your under arrest fags lol scrubs hehe you suck" in typical 13yr old style.

Basically, we would have killed all of them before they even got out of the car if they hadn't been using admin hax (Yes, two of them were admins) but instead we lost 45mins worth of progress to some 13 year old bitches who can't even fight us without turning on invincibility.  

Another example.

Me and a couple friends had been playing on some overwatch server. We had found someone's camp consisting of two Urals filled to the brim with weaponry and drug them well into the middle of nowhere.

The next day we saw some clan of like 5 guys whining to an admin (Who was their friend) to use map hacks to help them find some vehicles that were stolen from them.

A couple minutes later we were on a hill about 1000m from our camp in a BTR-40, and we saw a UH-1Y flying away from our camp carrying a Ural in a sling load. The UH-1Y was piloted by the admin that they had been whining to. Upon reaching what was left of our camp, we encountered one of the clan members looting some trash car we had drug out there and killed him. They admitted that they had convinced the admin to use map hacks to find our base.

(And guess what, we hadn't even stolen their shit, we had found their enemies camp! But of course, even after they found their stuff, they didn't return ours)

The shittiest part about this was this admin wasn't even supposed to get involved in any kind of fight, he was only allowed to help solve player disputes and spectate battles. Also, said clan were actually our allies. We had helped them to kill a group of squeakers that killed them on the coast.

I believe the admin was banned by the server owner after this, but I quit and went back to vanilla, permanently.

Wow, this turned into a long post

When you have that much power it's easy to become corrupt. Usually it starts when they give themselves "Just one" blood bag, or spawn in a vehicle "Just to get up north". From there it escalates to giving themselves and their friends unfair advantages, using their powers to kill other players, kicking/banning people that annoy or kill them/their friends, and general corruptness. Have you ever played minecraft in survival mode with cheat mode enabled? You tell yourself you won't use it unless you absolutely need to, but soon enough, you'll need "Just one" piece of food to survive the nigh...

Admins need to be neutral and only use their powers to deal with hackers and spammers. This is why I usually play vanilla servers without any addons, because then admins can only kick/ban/mute ect.

I do agree it wasn't complete admin abuse. But he used his admin powers to blow up a helicopter and me loose about an hours worth of loot. He could've simply just talked to me and said he didn't want me to take the heli and explain the reason why; then i would've understood... but just blowing it up was abuse