rune1993

Rust like building in Dayz

this is just an idea they should put dayz where you take a page out or rusts book where you can build bases to a certain size. like in rust but just the walls etc and chests what you would need to make a base with walls around people could make places for people to stop and be safe and rest for a wile or places to just hang out or just to have a clan base or something they would be attacked or even over run with zombies of course.

and you would have to repair the walls and things just so if someone who built a base stops playing it dosent just stay there unless someone destroyed there building flag and takes it for there selves there would be separate servers just for the ones who want that stuff to be able to build so you don't haft to if you don't want to.

it makes it more realistic to if something like that happened in real life people would be able to build small huts with walls around or even barricade existing buildings from zombies even start small farms to survive. that sort of stuff would be good in dayz from streams and youtube vids i see it looks a little empty in between there are villages few houses and a town here and there but other than that it looks empty. I know there is a mod for that on arma but actually putting it in dayz other than a mod not everyone would have or no about it would be there on a server for it if they want that stuff.

This is just an idea to anyone who docent like it i already had a streamer TheLoneSurvivorr who streams dayz say its a good idea so i posted the idea on here.

Decent idea, the devs shouldn't just carbon-copy the system from Rust as that would be lazy and likely break some copyright laws, but a similar system could fit very well if done properly. We will definitely need something like the tool cabinet in DayZ, but more to prevent other players from ghosting in to our bases.

This is just an idea to anyone who docent like it i already had a streamer TheLoneSurvivorr who streams dayz say its a good idea so i posted the idea on here.

Not sure how that makes the idea any better, but okay

Edited by OnionOfShame

Decent idea, the devs shouldn't just carbon-copy the system from Rust as that would be lazy and likely break some copyright laws, but a similar system could fit very well if done properly. We will definitely need something like the tool cabinet in DayZ, but more to prevent other players from ghosting in to our bases.

Not sure how that makes the idea any better, but okay

Yea thats what i was getting at sure it wouldn't be exactly the same as rust the dayz devs would make it there own way but it would have a similar concept you would build your own small base a tool cabinet chests for your loot barbed wire barricades that hurt enemy when touched to so players cant ghost into bases but can still be destroyed by players or zombies after a certain amount of damage.

Even small and i mean small farm patch which is like a spawn location for food that at the same rate as other food or gun spawn locations but can only be harvested a few times a day to avoid players just spaming food from it. To stop players building oversized bases there would be a drifter merchant you haft to find in towns as he would move around where you can buy build flags small medium and large and x-large each will have a border around it of a certain size you can build what you want or the devs put in within it.

It would be like that just to stop players filling up the areas or even blocking up places from other players you can join with other players and combine flags to exstend the base build radius but you can only join withe a limited amount of other players.

And if that player leaves you get given a certain amount of time to find another player to fill it or to block that part off there would also be a extra large flag called a community flag for those who just want to make a place for people to meet and trade gear in safety with one another in places they would automatically become non hostile zones so you cant kill each other in them.

But they can still be attacked and destroyed by zombies so need to be repaired ever so often but all f what i said is an idea and if the devs do it they can use it but it could be changed or done differently if they did it.