Simon of Doom

DayZ Nostalgia - DayZ like it was back in the days

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play on a "DayZ Nostalgia"-Server? (further details below)

• Yes
    • No

Do you still remember DayZ like it was "back in the days" - like it was until Patch 1.7.7.x?

No bloodtypes, no search for food and water every 15 minutes, no Standalone-like Survival-Crafting, no buildable staches, no wild-spawning Zombies - but still a nice balance between Survival and PvP.
Do you dislike all or some of the "new" changes that were made since then?

The constant fear of getting spotted by an AS50 Sniper when crossing an open field, the enjoyment of finding a well hidden tent in a small village, intense firefights and sometimes dark nights that required a flare, chemlight or an flashlight - and finally AS50/M107/LA85 AWS and things like the coyote backpack as "endgame items".
Did you like that?

Then maybe our idea is something for you!

This post serves as a survey for the community, as we want to be sure to get at least a small player basis to start with.

The server is still in the planning phase.

Many players didnt experience this time, the most glorious time for DayZ when it pushed the survival-genres popularity to its limits.
We want to bring back the "original" DayZ Mod experience, that brought the masses to play one of the best survival-pvp-games that was every created!

But not only that, we want to do little tweaks and fixes to the game, that were annoying back in these days.

A few facts about the idea as it is at the moment:

• based on DayZ Mod Version 1.7.6.1
  • classic backpack system from 1.7.2.x (removed British Pack, Czech Backpack 16 Slots, Coyote 24 Slots) to increase the "endgame feeling".
  • classic debug monitor
  • AS50 & M107 are in the game
  • abusable lock-on bug of AS50/M107 (like it was a javelin) gets fixed
  • L85 AWS is in the game
  • "oldschool", vanilla Chernarus map
  • no wild spawning Zombies ( not like in newer DayZ Mod, Epoch, Overpoch etc)
  • Vanilla Vehicles, Weapons and Loadout
  • further little tweaks and adjustments, in coordination with the players

We want your opinion on this - would you play on a server like that?

Edited by Juggernaut
  • Like 1

So far there have been 3 communities on this: DayZ Impact (I got 30 players on it for about a week, then it died randomly), DayZ Nostalgia (my community) was able to get 10 ppl on it for about 2 weeks, and DayZ Decay, which was owned by some crazy dude who shut it down after about a week, lol. I really am excited to see where this goes!!! I will play on it for sure, and do my best to get a ton of players on it!!

I guess there will be an announcement here once the server goes online?  I am really curious about how this turns out. I never heard about dayz in general until the 1.7. time were long gone (dont judge me, I swear I was busy), so the videos I then started watching and enjoying to see if dayz is something for me were pretty dated (at least the popular ones).

so even if its not nostalgia that will bring me to visit this server I am pretty excited nether the less!

The server is now online!

The public release was yesterday night and we already get decent player numbers of up to 15 players at the same time.

You can find out how to play with our mod on our server here: How to play DayZ Nostalgia

b_560_95_1.png

Edited by ChrisSurvSand

The most there have been was like 13 but that is a good start there were about 5 players on tonight and I am really loving the server. :) My friend managed to get a huey and an as50 already :o and i blew up my own SUV by accident... RIP

Awesome server overall! I recommend to join and get geared before there are more people on to steal your gear :D

Edited by silverblade1233
typo

Had a go last night, was good fun, all the memories came flooding back. I really hope this gets popular.

Small update for our mod:

DayZ Nostalgia v1.2

• Fix for a bug related to the missionfile
  • possible fix for the “DMR-problem” (weapon sometimes has zeroing whyever)
  • Fix of an script-error

You can get the update via our Launcher or directly as modfiles.

Also:

Adjusted restart- & nighttimes

As we have some US-citizens playing on our server who really like it, they asked us if its possible to get a few more hours of daylight to play with.
This should suit players from other timezones as well as players from the EU that play on later hours.

We will change the night to start 2 hours later and also change the server-restarttimes to 00:00, 04:00, 08:00, 12:00, 16:00, 20:00 (UTC).

Come and play guys! :)

b_560_95_1.png

Edited by ChrisSurvSand
  • Like 1

New small update for the mod:

DayZ Nostalgia v1.3

Humanity-Regeneration-System nerfed - it now regens 5 Humanity every 5 Minutes instead of 150 Humanity every 5 Minutes, allowing bandits to keep their status.

Download the mod via our launcher or directly via modfiles!

Edited by ChrisSurvSand
  • Like 1

A good few on last night, 10 at one point? Anyway, c'mon people fill it up!!

Newest update for the mod was released a few minutes ago:

DayZ Nostalgia v1.4

• Removed Humanity-Regen due popular demand
  • Removed L85 Holo from the game (as it replaced L85 AWS in the later versions) and replaced existing ones with M4A1 Holo
  • Spawning-Position of the Huey-Helicopter on Skalisty Island should be correct now
  • New vehicle script in place: Unused boats and bicycles will despawn after 2 days. All other unused vehicles will despawn after 7 days.

We also reached two peaks - we got 18 players at the same time playing yesterday and also reached 100+ members on the DayZ Nostalgia Steam group!

Edited by ChrisSurvSand

Newest update , just released!

DayZ Nostalgia v1.5

• Voted Settings-change: Zombies wont hit the player or the vehicle at all anymore when you are inside a vehicle.
  • Can Unknown-Item was removed from the loot-table
  • Reworked the Outside-map-despawn script (should be more reliable now).

Join our Steam-communitygroup to stay in touch!