Greco (DayZ)

"Server is running an inccorect version"

Well , hello there.

Yesterday I installed Arma2 + addon ( By CD , no Steam version )

and tried to play.

I installed the newest patch and the updater for the DayZ server but still I cant play because each server I join , shows up the message " this server is running an incorrect version of the server side application".

(On some I stack on the "Waiting for player to create ..." but just on a couple )

So can anyone say me how to fix this ?

And why is this even happening ? Is this a problem from the servers or from me ?!

Make sure you are

a) Running the ARMA 2 Beta client

b) Running the correct ARMA 2 Beta client version (It'll match up with the server's version)

c) Installed the correct patch (I see you are using DayZUpdater, try a force update)

d) Make sure that the server you're trying to connect to is running the patch you are on (They all have what version they're running in their server name, eg, UK1 1.7.1.5")

Well , thx for the quick reply.

I downloaded yesterday the latest beta patch.

Iam also running on the newest patch of the Updater.

well Iam always joinong on 1.7.1.5 ( also tried 1.7.1.5 beta )

But somehow it still doesent work.

I think that the hive must be down or something, because i was running it just fine yesterday but today i either get stuck on "waiting for character to create" or "server is running an incorrect version of the serverside client"

@dayzdevteam

The servers will be unavailable for a few more hours, due to a maintenance on the Hive, ETA is around 4 PM GMT time.

Live updates are available on twitter, just for reference it's now 2:30pm GMT

If it says the server is running the wrong version, either you have not updated to the latest or the server has not, or you are joining servers which are on an old patch. It's possible that there is a bug as there has been a lot of bad stuff happening due to the DDOS attacks... Don't forget DayZ is a mod still in testing, be patient! Hope you can play soon :D

Well thanks to all off you , I will try in 3-4 hours again and if it still not work tomorrow.

Have a nice day ;D

It should be on-line now, try now and see if you still receive the same error

Well on one server ( 1.7.1.5 ) the same error. ( DE server )

On a UK ( 1.7.1.5 BETA ) server , i got kicked instantly from the server because "my version is outdated" Iam just searching for a new patch or smth. right now.