Sign in to follow this  
LordofExploiters

What happened to the servers in the Dayz mod?

Looks like things are busted following the most recent patches.  Though, I can see some players on servers in the lists.

Can anyone in the know do an updated 'What it takes to play DayZMod' thread once all the dust settles?  From what I've read it sounds like the various 'Launchers' are abandoned projects.

They tricked me with the 80% steam sale - back to Standalone for me.

Download dayz launcher...haven't experienced any issues following OA patches. Dayz launcher hasn't failed me yet.

Download dayz launcher...haven't experienced any issues following OA patches. Dayz launcher hasn't failed me yet.

I get an error claiming I'm missing a bunch of DayZ specific files, both with and without the DayZ Launcher app.  The files listed lack extensions or location information, and none appear to exist anywhere on my system.

I plan to try reinstalling all the Arma II/OA stuff once the issues they're having are resolved.  Must just be us new folks having the issue.

Do you get the error messages when trying to join a server?

Yeah, it's as follows verbatim:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus, map_eu, dayz_anim, dayz_code, dayz_communityassets, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip

Nothing matching those patterns turns up anywhere on my drives.

Haven't found a way to obtain files in any official capacity.  

Tried several 'COPY THIS FOLDER TO THAT FOLDER' instructions out there on the interwebs.

Also tried the different Properties > BETAS options.

Feels like maybe I need to stand on my head while the game installs or something.

Yeah, it's as follows verbatim:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus, map_eu, dayz_anim, dayz_code, dayz_communityassets, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip

Nothing matching those patterns turns up anywhere on my drives.

Haven't found a way to obtain files in any official capacity.  

Tried several 'COPY THIS FOLDER TO THAT FOLDER' instructions out there on the interwebs

Also tried the different Properties > BETAS options.

Feels like maybe I need to stand on my head while the game installs or something.

You need to go to the tab labeled mods on the dayz launcher....from there download what ever mod you are looking for(1.86, epoch, overpoch etc) after that finishes downloading click on verify to make sure you have the correct content, then from there load Arma 2 and then AOA. You do not need to play them just load them up and quit out. Then go to the tab labeled servers on Dayz Launcher and the servers should populate and choose what ever version of the mod you downloaded. That should work let me know if it doesn't.

Edited by Automodown