Sign in to follow this  
Infinium

Helicopter Hack?

Hello all, I am a new player.

From reading the forum I understand that choppers have been removed and are no longer in game, correct?

If so, me and 2 friends found a chopper in the NW Airfield 2 days ago.

I have no idea what chopper it was, it was brand new. 2 machineguns on each side and gps system.

We were overjoyed to find it (at the time we didnt know about this) and we drove it around abit.

Where were we? Norway 4 (gmt+2) at around 5am 2 july.

When we found that chopper we was so happy, firing up the engine and taking to the sky was an awesome expirience.

Its really scary to think about that we could have been banned for this, I don't really read forums much except for when I want to post bugs and I don't like to read the wiki to memorize every item in the game because it spoils the joy of exploration.

I hope you catch those damn hackers, im sure some of them are spawning choppers just for the fuck of it hoping some noob like me comes along and rides it and then gets banned.

some old servers still have helicopters (huey) in them. most of the hacked ones you will see are attack helicopters (AH-). so you should be alright.

The Huey is green isn't it? This wasnt, it was grey had a pilot seat/observer seat, 2 gunman seat where one of the was called something like officers position, and you could also ride in the back.

All the parts of the chopper was green and the guns had 2000 ammo in em each, fuel tank was 95% full.

Edit: typo

The UH1 has M240 guns, someone correct me please if I am wrong, is a darkish green in colour!

So sounds liek your one was hacked in!!

Also, the server we was on is hosted by battlefield.no. They are trustworthy and serious guys so I doubt they are running an old server with choppers still in em.

My friend went into the armory and tested the choppers there, he said it had to be a UH 1y judging by the appearance. Can someone confirm if this chopper is allowed or not?

oh, if it was no hack then nice.

But the chopper was gone when we logged in the next day anyway :/

No, the grey/US variant of the UH-1H heli isn't in the game. And disappearing after a server restart means it is hacked.

Norway 3 about 5 minutes ago we did see a chopper and it was no UH-1H Huey.

No' date=' the grey/US variant of the UH-1H heli isn't in the game.

[/quote']

paintjob maybe

There is no "paintjobs" in Arma or DayZ. Yes if it is grey then it is hacked, so avoid it! If you find a small darkish green helicopter then it's legit.