Sign in to follow this  
Reporter

Non Battleye servers connected to Official Hive/DB

I just wanted to point out that there are servers about that don't have battleye enabled, yet they remain connected to DayZ official hive/database, this essentially allows anyone to connect to said servers, use whatever script they want and deck themselves out in the best gear, spawn vehicles to go from A to B, and then go back to a protected server and wreak havoc with their AS50's and L85's.

Some official servers have been non battleye'd for many days, while others temporarily aren't protected for a few hours, I'm not sure if it's the admins that switch it off, or if there's some well designed hack that gets the job done.

Either way, the traffic on these servers is very high, constantly people joining and leaving a few minutes later after they've spawned themselves a full inventory of awesomeness.

As far as I know there is no risk unless you make it too obvious, and get caught by an admin, and yes, I've been using this method for a good week and all is well.

I confirm, I ofently see wierd servers as such.

Only thing you don't know it is actually our decoy server from which every activity is carefully monitored and administrated with Battleye disabled for any unauthorized game exploit or external script running. Expect a 1000-people ban in the following weeks ;-).

[edit]

All joking aside, this might actually be a good idea to get rid of most hackers.

Only thing you don't know it is actually our decoy server from which every activity is carefully monitored and administrated with Battleye disabled for any unauthorized game exploit or external script running. Expect a 1000-people ban in the following weeks ;-).

[edit]

All joking aside' date=' this might actually be a good idea to get rid of most hackers.

[/quote']

Haha, in that case I'd like to ask for a server upgrade because these servers have about 10'000 vehicles spawned on them and they lag, just a tiny bit...

Albeit tanks and black hawk battles in DayZ are somewhat entertaining, but isn't it just Arma 2 in the end of the day? With Zombies!

[edit]

All joking aside' date=' this might actually be a good idea to get rid of most hackers.

[/quote']

Only if... battleeye can't ban without it being on in the first place.

Regardless of your intention or idea it is a major violation not to have battleye enabled and verifiysignatures set to =2

this better be a honeypot where anyone who holds a addon spawned weapon ( since official spawned weapons have a different name in the database ) gets caught and banned database side.

Otherwise rocket better be very script about not only having battle eye enabled but also about signature checks beong on ( i always see 4-5 servers not having signature checks enabled )

this better be a honeypot where anyone who holds a addon spawned weapon ( since official spawned weapons have a different name in the database ) gets caught and banned database side.

That doesn't really work since a lot of noobs just pick these weapons up, especially since a lot of day z players don't play arma, often they can't even tell if the items are hacked or not.

So banning them not a good idea, rather it'd be better to just delete anything that isn't suppose to be in day z.