Sign in to follow this  
trujuice

Game Pause, Why?!

I know that I have already made this statement before but not officially in the suggestion section. But please implement proper window mode. I run in window mode now but the game pauses video feed if the DayZ game window is not active. I hate this because if I get a message/email/call/etc in on one of my other screens I cannot interact with it without making sure I am in a safe place or exit altogether. Please DayZ Dev team implement correct game windowing. Some of us like to multitask while playing. 

• Like 2

If you add -nopause to your launch parameters it should fix this issue.

• Like 1

But that breaks immersion...

But that breaks immersion...

Do you mean windowed mode breaks immersion? In that case I agree to an extent, it's a tradeoff. Running the game in windowed mode increases my FPS significantly and allows me to safely use the -winxp launch parameter which increases it even further (for those who don't know, it increases FPS but stops you from alt+tabbing without crashing), and personally I find extremely low framerate more immersion-breaking than the window. This is why DayZ needs a borderless windowed mode! However there are ways to alleviate the issue somewhat. If you make your window color one which does not contrast with the game colors greatly (personally I use a dark bluish teal color but I'm sure there are better colors) and set the Taskbar to auto-hide when you open the game, the windowed effect is much less apparent.

• Like 1

Do you mean windowed mode breaks immersion? In that case I agree to an extent, it's a tradeoff. Running the game in windowed mode increases my FPS significantly and allows me to safely use the -winxp launch parameter which increases it even further (for those who don't know, it increases FPS but stops you from alt+tabbing without crashing), and personally I find extremely low framerate more immersion-breaking than the window. This is why DayZ needs a borderless windowed mode! However there are ways to alleviate the issue somewhat. If you make your window color one which does not contrast with the game colors greatly (personally I use a dark bluish teal color but I'm sure there are better colors) and set the Taskbar to auto-hide when you open the game, the windowed effect is much less apparent.

So the only safe way to use -winxp launch is by running in windows mode?

So the only safe way to use -winxp launch is by running in windows mode?

It's the only way that I know of personally, but I'm sure there are other workarounds

It's the only way that I know of personally, but I'm sure there are other workarounds

What OS are you using currently? Im running win10 and am thinking of trying out -winxp launch

What OS are you using currently? Im running win10 and am thinking of trying out -winxp launch

Personally I'm running on windows 8. I hAve a friend who playS on windows 10 and I think this launch parameter crashes his game on startup, but I'm not quite sure that was the cause. I'd test it yourself to find out.