Sign in to follow this  
Arzka7

Spawned with good gear... first time playing

But the catch here is, that this is the first time playing. I tried on a few servers, still i spawned in middle of some forest with high end gear. And with 276 zombie kills.. I don't dare play untill i get this fixed, if it's someone elses character, but how could that be, is there someone else having the same name as me online (Arzka7), or what? Respawning would help, but i don't want to be a di*k if that's someone elses character, but i really want to play this game.. And i don't want to try to play 'cause i fear im accused a hacker if i run around on someone elses character, or is this just some server issue..?? Do i need to make another account in Arma 2 or what? Please, reply soon. 'cause i want to start DayZ from scratch, and not with good gear by some glitch or whatnot..

Dont know it this is relevant, but there was this when i tried to play "illegal copies may degrade"? What this means? I dont have an illegal copy, i bought the game.

I'm using Arma X

Running Arma OA 93965

Launching the game from the beta patch

Windows 7

Cheers! :)

I think the gear/character is linked to the CD key. This means that somebody might have used this key before you bought it. Maybe the key was mistakenly double sold, but i guess it's more likely that your key was stolen before you got it. Since the CD Key has nothing to do with DayZ, you should contact BIS Support (or maybe Steam) about the concerns with your key.

And i would highly recommend doing this since i bet you don't want to play on one account with someone who has a cracked copy ;)

Btw. everybody gets this message "illegal copies may degrade". Has nothing to do with you.

Hope i could help,

Nico

This has been happening to some people. It's some kind of database snafu, not a reused cd key.

They are doing something, right now, if I'm not mistaken, to fix the hive database so it works correctly with arma x guids.

Just respawn.

Okay so I've been playing for about a month now and when I went to log in today I logged in with someone elses gear and it was some good gear too!!! I'm not sure what to do about it but now I'm wondering if someone else is going to spawn in with my stuff? If so that really sucks for that person.

Had the same thing today and posted a few hours earlier. Someone said a hacker has been giving out gear to others..