andrewjs

ACRE Support

Okay guys I got ACRE to work flawlessly. Take that rocket! I win you loose!

All you needed to do was to add a if command in dayz_server right before it publishes data to Hive,

alternatively you could also make a MySQL trigger to replace Ex: ACRE_PRC117F with a regex replace.

And, I made a simple pbo with a config.bin inside of it that inherits stuff Cfg's from other vehicles and adds ACRE vehicle racks into them with built-in radio's that cannot be removed since Hive is not setup to track vehicle radios, then I chose to override your building loot classes, and zombie loot classes to add realistic radio spawns.

Take that, I just solved all your problems! Im the clear winner here.( yes, it was a competition)

Edited by Chernarus
  • Like 1

All you needed to do was to add a if command in dayz_server right before it publishes data to Hive,

alternatively you could also make a MySQL trigger to replace Ex: ACRE_PRC117F with a regex replace.

And, I made a simple pbo with a config.bin inside of it that inherits stuff Cfg's from other vehicles and adds ACRE vehicle racks into them with built-in radio's that cannot be removed since Hive is not setup to track vehicle radios, then I chose to override your building loot classes, and zombie loot classes to add realistic radio spawns.

Take that, I just solved all your problems! Im the clear winner here.( yes, it was a competition)

I almost gave you a can of beans; however I have one question:

Do the radios still work after a reconnect or switching a server AND still have the same settings (channel, power, etc.)?

The reason is that an unused radio has the base classname (eg. ACRE_PRC117F) which is perfect for loot spawns.

However, the moment someone picks up a radio it does 2 things:

1) it changes the classname (eg. ACRE_PRC148_ID_4) to match the ID (which could be useful as an additional check)

2) it stores the radio settings, per class, locally at the server.

This has 1 problem: the radio ID's are unique per server, not unique to the HIVE!

This means you'll need a couple of things to make it work:

1a) while saving at the HIVE, it's needs to store the object without an ID (the regex method), but WITH the radio settings.

1b) during/after saving at the HIVE, the item may not change in any way. Otherwise the settings will be lost, since the local server can't track the radio anymore and removes the settings.

2) when you connect to a server, you'll recieve a standard radio (without ID), the server gives you a new ID (unique per server) and then resets the radio settings.

Although I'm not familiar with the connection with a DayZ server and the HIVE, these "problems" I see are based on my experience as a programmer.

Please correct me if I'm wrong in any way, or if all the problems I see are already taken care of.

I almost gave you a can of beans; however I have one question:

Do the radios still work after a reconnect or switching a server AND still have the same settings (channel, power, etc.)?

The reason is that an unused radio has the base classname (eg. ACRE_PRC117F) which is perfect for loot spawns.

However, the moment someone picks up a radio it does 2 things:

1) it changes the classname (eg. ACRE_PRC148_ID_4) to match the ID (which could be useful as an additional check)

2) it stores the radio settings, per class, locally at the server.

This has 1 problem: the radio ID's are unique per server, not unique to the HIVE!

This means you'll need a couple of things to make it work:

1a) while saving at the HIVE, it's needs to store the object without an ID (the regex method), but WITH the radio settings.

1b) during/after saving at the HIVE, the item may not change in any way. Otherwise the settings will be lost, since the local server can't track the radio anymore and removes the settings.

2) when you connect to a server, you'll recieve a standard radio (without ID), the server gives you a new ID (unique per server) and then resets the radio settings.

Although I'm not familiar with the connection with a DayZ server and the HIVE, these "problems" I see are based on my experience as a programmer.

Please correct me if I'm wrong in any way, or if all the problems I see are already taken care of.

Its simply not possible with the way ACRE is setup to do this, you would get duplicate ID's, I'm fairly sure settings are saved locally, although not completely sure. The only possible way to do this is database side, with a expensive regex method.

Edited by Chernarus

actually there is a way to do that.

As long as the server your switching to uses the same hive you will be ok.

What happens is you have a radio in a loot pile that has its normal class name. When you pick up said radio it gives it an id name and when you drop the radio on the ground it goes back to normal....(see where im going with this...hope so).

When you join the other server simply drop your radio on the ground and pick it up and all should be good.(kinda crappy but it works)

O and i currently have a locked testing server running with ACE and ACRE with new spawns,crash sites,ACE_weapons,and much more. Lets just say that trip flares,parachuting, and coming down a rope from a chopper is awesome.

I will have this released soon to the public with a package called DayZ: Coalition Edition

It will have at least 5-8 server running off of the same hive for a good variation of gameplay and they will be lingor island as well.

(M109 is a %.05 loot chance at a osprey wreck site)................................

I have been running ACRE on my server for the past few days now, implementing it was a pain in the ass, but I have radios spawning in chopper crashes, and it works flawlessly

People have been raving about how great the experience is with radios

Currently players spawn with a 343. [i may have them spawn in residential areas if I can add a spawn without editing the mod)

148's 117's and 152's are in the chopper crash spawns with a probability of 0.8

Also, some vehicles such as choppers and military transport vehicles have radio racks, each rack carries a 117, which seem to be getting quite a bit of use.

here is some info on the server if anyone is interested: http://www.reddit.co...n_for_business/

currently these are the mods that we have chosen to use: @CBA_OA;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE;@DayZ;@stmovement;@st_acre_volume;@rMod;@JSRS

We recently started working on implementing ACE, I've also set a road map for including ACE wounds and intertwining the blood system into it. [it's going be interesting with stamina, and the ability to overdose on morphine and epi, although repacking a version of the DayZ mod to support ace may not be completely worth while.]

As far as I can tell having ACRE has greatly increased teamwork, people now make it a point to make contact with others, they end up forming groups as opposed to foolishly killing each other. What is also quite interesting is the meta game that is now involved, people can spy on radios if they catch chatter on a frequency this makes ComSec almost crucial.[@st_acre_volume, is nice as it allows you to whisper when in close quarters situations, and allows you to shout if you need to yell to someone across the road] I will be implementing ACRE's auto join teamspeak script [which is experimental] but I feel it may not be too important to focus on.

This may also help out anyone who is interested in doing the same: http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/wiki/Class_Names_and_API

Edited by crashtheface
  • Like 1

I have been running ACRE on my server for the past few days now, implementing it was a pain in the ass, but I have radios spawning in chopper crashes, and it works flawlessly

Can you please give me some small HOWTO on what you've done to achieve this? We also running some private hive server with rmod and really wish to let our players a chance with ACRE experiense on DayZ.

Here are a few videos of ACRE in action, with a couple other mods.

and more info on what I have been working on:

http://www.reddit.co...riday_december/

I have been meaning on doing a how-to in regards to setting up a server similar to mine.

Been a bit busy, but look out for it.

Edited by crashtheface

Is there any way to mute side chat on a per-person basis? I can get the standard radio spawning in DayZ no problem, but I'm wondering if there's some way to limit side/global chat based on that.

Is there any way to mute side chat on a per-person basis? I can get the standard radio spawning in DayZ no problem, but I'm wondering if there's some way to limit side/global chat based on that.

I just straight up disable all VON and chat on my server. I also use a script created by Heaney from The Wrecking Crew for locking my survivors into a teamspeak channel [autojoins when pipe is open then moves them into a lobby when pipe is closed]

I have been meaning on doing a how-to in regards to setting up a server similar to mine.

Been a bit busy, but look out for it.

OK, can you then simply tell what exactly needs to be done with DayZ files and/or scripts to make it cope with ACRE, and what exactly files and/or scripts should be tampered with? At this point we only want to try and bring ACRE radios in game.

Do you have the files so i can download it? :)

Awesome idea but once people realise they have a tactical disadvantage by using them; they'll switch back to team speak. The only way people would actually use them is if they gave a advantage for doing so (maybe team members can use them to locate your position on the map) and were able to be secured. Then you could get into some of the things rocket talked about in the early days of the mod; having people actually hack channels and frequency's to gain access.

Regarding Teamspeak - that's not something Rocket or the devs can control - if people want to use Teamspeak to effectively work as a team or just to talk bollocks to each other while they're playing a game, then they're going to do that no matter what you add in-game. However, Radios could potentially add a lot of flavour to the game for those players who aren't part of a regular team but are interested in working with others.

It's difficult to deny the appeal of finding a battered radio as a lone player, scanning the airwaves and coming across a faint voice desperately asking if there's anyone near City X, as they've broken their leg and don't have any morphine. Particularly if side chat is removed from the SA, it'll be a way of sharing information across a wide area.

Awesome idea but once people realise they have a tactical disadvantage by using them; they'll switch back to team speak. The only way people would actually use them is if they gave a advantage for doing so (maybe team members can use them to locate your position on the map) and were able to be secured. Then you could get into some of the things rocket talked about in the early days of the mod; having people actually hack channels and frequency's to gain access.

That's the problem i have with my game prototype at the moment. I would like to add voice chat but i know that if it is even just a little more restrictive than, lets say a skype call, it's not gonna be used.