scud553

Deadwalk 1.8.6. vanilla server admin abuse

I have played dayz for about 2 years, i am well versed in the game and so i do know what i am talking about. I have played on the deadwalk for months and have countless hours on it, and it was going great, it was regularily populated, and i played with a group of about 8. We quickly became the most powerful group on server, and the admin did play with us before he was promoted to admin by the owner who could not operate the server because he was too busy. When he was promoted, he eased into the job and slowly started taking over the server, and he and his friend seperated from our group, yet we still talked and knew what they were up to. Soon the admin made his friend a admin, and they began using their tools to their advantage. Mutliple times they used their tools to locate people around their base and kill them, and they would find out where vehicles are and go take them (btw no one else knew they were admins they just assumed they were players). At the time i really could not speak up, it would've ended up with me being banned from server, so it continued. The two admins eventually added a dome base for them to have and they told the server they were the admins (Ski goggles and Badstache are their names), problem was that they had one of our helicopters in their base, and it was extremely unfair for them to have one of the 6 helis on server when they could just spawn their own in. So i took it back, thankfully, they parked it on the edge of the zone so i was able to retrieve it before the 15 seconds was up (i recorded it lol). This greatly angered them to the point where they left for about a week, and when they come back, they deleted our base, which we worked hella hard on, and our vehicles, all of which we earned and fought for. They claim we were too powerful, yet the fact of the matter is we were the ones who put in the hours, and we were not invicable, our helis were stolen and blown up before, same with our base. It is for these reasons, i urge you not to play on the deadwalk, also, i would like any server recommendation, we have about 8 people who play, and we prefer vanilla but we are open to any ideas.

Thanks for reading all this,

Scud553

Choose.a.real.vanilla.server.

Real vanilla dayz mod servers don't run admin tools in-game because we are not allowed to.

My server is a good example. Please feel free to check it out, it's in my signature.

Here is a full list of vanilla DayZ Mod servers that don't feature in-game admin tools.

Edited by vinyljunkie

If you want to play on the old dayz from 2012/2013 play on this server: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/188.165.250.22:2500/

This server has 2 hueys, 50 cars, as50s, m107s, and l85s (Just like 1.7.6.1 version of dayz from 2012)

The server has no hackers, and no admin abusers.

However, this is the old vanilla. There is no base building except for the old stuff like tents and tank trap kits.

If  you and your clan play on the server with the other 10-15 im sure lots of other people will join. PS: A lot of people don't know about the server and that is why they haven't joined, a lot of people i've talked that didn't know about the server yet said this.

The server is growing every day so if you guys want the old feel again we encourage you to join!

Click here if you are confused on how to join: 

Edited by silverblade1233
  • Like 2

I can't say it any better then scud. I personally played to help new players n advanced players either doing missions or jus learning the game period. Dono why instead of dealing with the problem one way they totally screw us all. Those that played in game with me kno I never even took a bottle of water from a tent without replacing it. Had ZERO murders so I worked hard to keep my humanity n just today this morning I had fixed up a abandoned base a friend had no use for. I logged out for the 3 pm restart, come back n I'm wiped clean of all my mission gear and few vehicles. What's killing me is I was a day away from donating to this server not knowing it was on such a downward slope. I will be looking for a more reliable server with scud. Not playing another day on this server. Waste of time. Thanks Scud for the post, sry for my rant and a thank you to those recommending other servers...

• Like 1

Scud, thanks for the recap. Too bad the true story is much longer and more way complicated than that. Let's see if I can hit the high points.

We all played dayz on the Dead Walk for months. The problems was nobody else did and the admin/owner was absent. I took over the server because it was dying and nobody wanted it. I paid 1/3 of the hosting. I got 20-30 people a day playing on it by tweaking the vehicles, the spawns, the inventories. I added AI missions and extra cities.  I was admin active helping players and fighting hackers.   I wanted to keep playing at the same time and it was hard to divide myself - i knew where spawns were and I could see who was attacking a base. Yes I committed some dayz sins. I'm sure I could dig up some steam msgs from you or at least someone in that base asking who was attacking or where something was. eh, whatever. 

So when it all came out (via some other ex-players), I became full-time admin. Name on the splash page and all. I created an admin base to hang out and somehow still play as admin. Your new job seemed to be infiltrating that admin base. But I digress.

"Your" base was a map addition that I added by mistake and you gated up before I noticed. I wanted to remove it from DAY1, but I didn't. I let it go. Over the next couple of months, as the server grew in popularity, your group in the base turned it into a hoarding/parking lot(16 vehicles at last count and a fuel tank I added by request).   Not generally you, but a few expressed their entitlement to every single helicopter and every large truck on the server (although you did said "our heli" above).  You had to hoard them so nobody could use them to get into "your base". Since this base was in the middle of the map, it was well-known and suffered many attacks. Each one seemed to bring more and more trash talking, berating other players and just general disrespect.  I tried to get it to settle down, but it didn't. It spread to new base members.  And you know why I let it go? Because one of the people doing it had also paid 1/3 of the bill. Oh, didn't he tell you that? 

Finally, that base represented the disrespectful, entitled, "OUR-heli/truck/etc" attitude. None of that was helping the server.  I gave warning to 2 people and deleted it 2 days later. Didn't they tell you that? I didn't ban anyone and if you are so hurt, why did you login a few hours ago to try and give heli rides? 

18:22:59 BattlEye Server: Player #2 scud553 (xx.xx.xxx.xx:2404) connected

18:22:59 Player scud553 connecting.

18:23:01 BattlEye Server: Player #2 scud553 - GUID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (unverified)

18:23:01 Player scud553 connected (id=xxxxxxxxxx).

There's more I'm sure. It's just a game and if people would just play the game and respect each other, we wouldn't have to sling the mud. Oh well.

Entitlment? how can you say were entitled when we are the ones who worked long nights to get those helis up and running, we earned them. Our base was not invunerable and you know that as you stated, we had been attacked and it was as easy as getting a mission heli or the plane and crashing it in there to destroy everything. I am sorry that we "hoarded them", there were 8 people in our group and 6 helis on server, we earned every single one, we knew where they spawned and we had it down to a science, but yet people would still beat us to them and before we left 2 players held a MI and huey and we had no clue about it. We are not invicible, we are not hoarders, we are not the problem with that server, we put in the hours and we played the game. I can not speak too much for the disrespect, but remember this is a M rated game, people are gonna use bad words, people might throw out a insult, but at the end of the day it is a game over the internet and that is all it will ever be.

Please steam message me (thanks for not unfriending me btw) if you wish to discuss more. And btw i was playing with two seperate friends, and i helped them fix a mi to give them, imagine that, me, the selfish heli hoarder, giving away a heli.

Veni Vidi Vici

Scud553

I'm not really looking for a discussion.  There is so much more information that is just boring to revisit. The base (http://opendayz.net/threads/j0k3r5-pack.14739/ - oldfields base) in question is not coming back. I gave a 2 day warning and removed it. I didn't kick or ban anyone that was using it.  

The server is paid up until March-2016 and if people like it, maybe longer. If not, so be it.  I've got to prepare for 1.8.7 so it can make it that far.

Scud, thanks for the recap. Too bad the true story is much longer and more way complicated than that. Let's see if I can hit the high points.

We all played dayz on the Dead Walk for months. The problems was nobody else did and the admin/owner was absent. I took over the server because it was dying and nobody wanted it. I paid 1/3 of the hosting. I got 20-30 people a day playing on it by tweaking the vehicles, the spawns, the inventories. I added AI missions and extra cities.  I was admin active helping players and fighting hackers.   I wanted to keep playing at the same time and it was hard to divide myself - i knew where spawns were and I could see who was attacking a base. Yes I committed some dayz sins. I'm sure I could dig up some steam msgs from you or at least someone in that base asking who was attacking or where something was. eh, whatever. 

So when it all came out (via some other ex-players), I became full-time admin. Name on the splash page and all. I created an admin base to hang out and somehow still play as admin. Your new job seemed to be infiltrating that admin base. But I digress.

"Your" base was a map addition that I added by mistake and you gated up before I noticed. I wanted to remove it from DAY1, but I didn't. I let it go. Over the next couple of months, as the server grew in popularity, your group in the base turned it into a hoarding/parking lot(16 vehicles at last count and a fuel tank I added by request).   Not generally you, but a few expressed their entitlement to every single helicopter and every large truck on the server (although you did said "our heli" above).  You had to hoard them so nobody could use them to get into "your base". Since this base was in the middle of the map, it was well-known and suffered many attacks. Each one seemed to bring more and more trash talking, berating other players and just general disrespect.  I tried to get it to settle down, but it didn't. It spread to new base members.  And you know why I let it go? Because one of the people doing it had also paid 1/3 of the bill. Oh, didn't he tell you that? 

Finally, that base represented the disrespectful, entitled, "OUR-heli/truck/etc" attitude. None of that was helping the server.  I gave warning to 2 people and deleted it 2 days later. Didn't they tell you that? I didn't ban anyone and if you are so hurt, why did you login a few hours ago to try and give heli rides? 

18:22:59 BattlEye Server: Player #2 scud553 (xx.xx.xxx.xx:2404) connected
18:22:59 Player scud553 connecting.
18:23:01 BattlEye Server: Player #2 scud553 - GUID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (unverified)
18:23:01 Player scud553 connected (id=xxxxxxxxxx).

There's more I'm sure. It's just a game and if people would just play the game and respect each other, we wouldn't have to sling the mud. Oh well.

So you are telling me that they were not our helis? When I and the others took the time to gather parts, go out, find the damned things, repair them, sometimes under heavy fire, and get them secured? So what you are saying is that you only want bambis on your server? You don't want people playing the game it was meant to be played? Get a clue Ski, your ego is showing. Those WERE OUR Helicopters, our parts and our time was invested in repairing them and getting them running, our time was invested in finding them, they were OURS. You think we were gonna bust our asses to get them, then give them away so people could use them against us? You really are a clueless twit.

So you are telling me that they were not our helis? When I and the others took the time to gather parts, go out, find the damned things, repair them, sometimes under heavy fire, and get them secured? So what you are saying is that you only want bambis on your server? You don't want people playing the game it was meant to be played? Get a clue Ski, your ego is showing. Those WERE OUR Helicopters, our parts and our time was invested in repairing them and getting them running, our time was invested in finding them, they were OURS. You think we were gonna bust our asses to get them, then give them away so people could use them against us? You really are a clueless twit.

The last guy to the party suddenly has the most time invested and knows the whole story. Thanks for insulting me since it shows the exact problem. Its all about attitude and how people were being treated when they attacked "your base" and "your helis" (which IS playing the game, isn't it?).  It was the hoarding that went on to prevent attacks on "your base" and "your helis". The base that was well-known and in the middle of the map. It was affecting the entire server. Other players didn't want to be treated like that for playing the game. They also didn't want to come on the server and never see a heli or plane or truck or whatever, except locked in a base.

There were discussions about removing that base from day 1. There were discussions about hoarding. The idea was to build up the server for many people, not just a few.

The server is paid up until March-2016 and if people like it, maybe longer. If not, so be it.