Sign in to follow this  
magicthompz

Dayz FPS Drops issue?

When playing DayZ, i keep getting FPS drops to 1 every time i look around etc, this is really annoying because it happens quite alot, how can i fix this or prevent it from doing this? the link below is a video of the fps dropping etc..

https://sendvid.com/jdllsssz

This is my specs:

Operating System:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU:
Intel Core i5 3350P @ 3.10GHz 32 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM:
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard:
MSI H61M-P31 (G3) (MS-7788) (SOCKET 0) 46 °C

Graphics:
BenQ GL2450H (1920x1080@60Hz)
BenQ GL2450H (1920x1080@60Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 29 °C

Storage:
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1 ATA Device (SATA) 31 °C
111GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB ATA Device (SSD) 25 °C
Edited by magicthompz

Did you install DayZ on your SSD?

Edited by NewArk
  • Like 1

i was having issues with fps drops with my samsung 840 evo ssd as well just recently. i had to install samsung magician software and in it you can select to "optimize your computer to use ssd". i checked that box and did a reboot and dayz was running without the fps drops.

Dayz is still broken... FPS isnt getting better until the Render update (hopefully)

Edited by xRyan99

i was having issues with fps drops with my samsung 840 evo ssd as well just recently. i had to install samsung magician software and in it you can select to "optimize your computer to use ssd". i checked that box and did a reboot and dayz was running without the fps drops.

I havent installed my Windows onto the SSD, Dayz is just in there, if i get that software and optimise it will that still work?

Says i cant optimise with windows 8 and above?

Edited by magicthompz

I havent installed my Windows onto the SSD, Dayz is just in there, if i get that software and optimise it will that still work?

Says i cant optimise with windows 8 and above?

The software can only optimize certain things i guess. I also used rapid mode option and that made the benchmark test run way faster. But my gameplay is still terrible (laggy and fps drops every second) but i am thinking its a problem with dayz/ win10 /and my drivers not working together properly.