Sign in to follow this  
Jemoeder

To DayZ Staff

Hey DayZ Staff ,

I hope you get to this topic.

I think it's time you guys start accepting Donation's so you can improve the mod and buy anti DDOS Software and get better protection for the mod.

These noob DDOS'ers are just a little of the problem which will come in the future.

by accepting Donations new things can be made maybe better servers , anti hack software anti ddos software etc etc.

We understand you dont want to make money with DayZ but atleast you can then have money and the oppurtunity to improve DayZ.

P.S. This mod is great alot of us dont want to see it go to a waste by some stupid kid's with 30 dollar DDOS programs :S

Also Keep replying so the Staff team can see this topic :)

Yeah. I don't know if they've ever adressed why they've shut down donations, but I'd gladly send a good $50 to them for this super mod.

Cheers.

Yeah. I don't know if they've ever adressed why they've shut down donations' date=' but I'd gladly send a good $50 to them for this super mod.

Cheers.

[/quote']

Yep I would love to donate also and Imagine if everybody donated 1 Dollar they would be able to improve this mod SOOOO much! With that ,

Sure, why not donate $1-$10? $50 seems a bit over the top now, but that's just me being a hobo.

There is no such thing as anti-DDoS software. Any software/hardware you get will be useless. You have to talk to your ISP to counter DDoS.

Sure' date=' why not donate $1-$10? $50 seems a bit over the top now, but that's just me being a hobo.

[/quote']

$50 isn't even much for such a great mod. I'd happily donate that, knowing it'd go to good causes. Mind you that I work, so it's not really that much.

Not trying to flaunt, sorry if I came out that way.

Actually you can configure a firewall/router to deal with ddosing. Atleast most of the shit ones that all the 15 y/o neckbeards like to do.

The thing is with donations a lot of people would try to donate Large sums of money. In doing so they would try to say to the Devs... "Well I don't like that idea and I Donated X amount of money". When in fact the devs prolly wouldn't give a fuck, so I'm sure that's one of the reasons behind it.

The thing is with donations a lot of people would try to donate Large sums of money. In doing so they would try to say to the Devs... "Well I don't like that idea and I Donated X amount of money". When in fact the devs prolly wouldn't give a fuck' date=' so I'm sure that's one of the reasons behind it.

[/quote']

Probably one of the many, yes. You shouldn't be ever-so protected just because you willingly donated. I'm sure people who actually donated would have some maturity and sense in them.

Actually you can configure a firewall/router to deal with ddosing. Atleast most of the shit ones that all the 15 y/o neckbeards like to do.

The router blocking the DDoS flood doesn't help much when the line between the router and ISP is already flooded.

Probably one of the many, yes. You shouldn't be ever-so protected just because you willingly donated. I'm sure people who actually donated would have some maturity and sense in them.

Granted I'm not saying I wouldn't donate, but something like a Max limit you can donate would go along way without over doing it

Wait, I think we already donated by purchasing Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead since Rocket is a BI dev.

Wait' date=' I think we already donated by purchasing Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead since Rocket is a BI dev.

[/quote']

Yea he might get a $10 increase in pay, yay..

It's not gonna help the mod at all, it will just let Rocket go to McDonalds twice a week instead of having the cook a meal. Eventually that will shorten his life expectancy and therefor the mod will be in danger.

Yea he might get a $10 increase in pay' date=' yay..

It's not gonna help the mod at all, it will just let Rocket go to McDonalds twice a week instead of having the cook a meal. Eventually that will shorten his life expectancy and therefor the mod will be in danger.

[/quote']

You don't understand. DayZ is Rocket's project but considering the massive income from the last month thanks to this mod (and the advertising of DayZ for Arma3) and because, probably, the database is hosted by BI I see no reason to donate since they are a studio hosting something, not a bunch of university students with small money to put on it.

If Rockets will ask for donations it will be because of non-interaction with BI and then I will think about it.

Until then I'll feel ok by "JUST" purchasing Arma2+OA because BI is involved in this project.

EDIT: I noticed that today my english grammar sucks alot, I'm sorry.

Oh yeah, perhaps conflict(s) will arise if rocket enables donations as he's apart of the BI developing team. I think BI funds this project already, so there's no need to get worried about mod life expectancy and such.