Sign in to follow this  
billyphuz

BattlEye download problem?

OK, so after two versions of being unable to connect to any server (always get "you have been kicked off the game") I think I've figured out the problem to be BattlEye-related.

I have Steam Arma2/OA/PMC/BAF. When I try to "verify game cache" it finds that there is a missing file, then instantaneously 'downloads' something. When I check again however, same problem -- a missing file. If I right click OA and try to reinstall BattlEye, same thing: very brief splash screen about reinstalling BattlEye, then nothing. I feel that Steam is lying to me and not actually reinstalling shit.

Any suggestions about how to get BattlEye reinstalled properly? I'm not getting any error messages per se, but I'm 90% sure this is why I can't run Day Z.

Thanks, bp

You think a reinstall of OA is sufficient or should I reinstall base Arma 2 and/or the expansion packs as well? Manual BattlEye install (from their website) didn't work, and I'm not sure how OA is linked to the base game.

hey there... to repair battleye i did this (had the same problem)

go arma 2 map copy battleye map... then go arma 2 OA/exapansions and paste it there (not sure why its not there but it supose to be)