Sign in to follow this  
astroz0mbie

Switching between Hatchet and other Weapon

Is it possible quick switch between a hatchet and another weapon?

I've only tried with some shot guns and I have to put those down to wield the hatchet.

You can do a quick switch but only between secondary weapons (side arms: pistols) and melee weapons (hatchet and crowbar)

Melee weapon use primary slot that is also reserved for primary weapons such as SMGs, rifles, carabines, assault rifles etc etc.

You can right click on melee weapon and choice: RETURN TO TOOL BELT. Only in that case you can wear both melee and primary weapon but can't do a quick switch. If you again right click on melee weapon and choice: REMOVE FROM TOOL BELT, melee will go to primary weapon slot but you will throw your prime weapon to the ground.

I usually keep my melee on the tool belt. Just in case if i stay without ammo or i wont to do some stealthy zombies kill. Ofc don't forget to pick up your prime weapon after you clean up all zombies with hatchet or crowbar.

I'm having issues where my rifle disappears when i drop it.. is there a safe system for dropping a weapon and picking it up again?

If you have enough space in your backpack (8 slots if I remember correctly) you can do this:

Open your backpack

Move primary weapon to backpack

Equip other weapon/hatchet from backpack or main inventory.

This has never failed for me, but it takes time.

If you have enough space in your backpack (8 slots if I remember correctly) you can do this:

Open your backpack

Move primary weapon to backpack

Equip other weapon/hatchet from backpack or main inventory.

This has never failed for me' date=' but it takes time.

[/quote']

10 slots for Primary slot, 5 slot for secondary.

There is a problem with the weapons disappearing/falling through the floor when you drop them in some servers, it makes switching to your hatchet very unreliable and you kinda go off the idea... the problem with that is that you then start wasting ammo and drawing attention to yourself...

In my opinion the best thing to do is use a Hatchet until you have all of your important supplies (Medical, food, maps, bags, etc) before going to a military camp and picking yourself up a good gun...

If you happen to get some zeds on your ass, find a building to run into, drop your gun and switch to your hatchet, it's the only real solution up for offer at the moment. ):