Sign in to follow this  
green_machine

My Tweak/Idea's thread.

1st, let me state that If I say, "flaw in the game" or something like that, I don't mean any disrespect :heart:

Hi.

I get a lot of random idea's whilst playing DayZ about various things so instead of posting a new thread per day, I'll just update this one. I see when a flaw can hinder the experience, my idea's are all based on giving the player a better experience whilst being beneficial towards realism.

I got sprung by a zombie today and as I ran for my life (once again), I found an small silo with a ladder, and climbed up. I thought I'd be safe enough to be able to hack at any Zomb that climbed up. I could then attract attention to myself with flares so I could clear a large area of Zombs and give me more freedom to search. Well, the 1st Zomb climbed up and it attacked me whilst it climbed up the ladder, all I could see was his head but it still achieved a bite on me and broke my leg? Yeah, how could that have happened?

So, I don't think Zombie's should be able to attack whilst climbing. The worst it could do is grab you... Unless you like Zombies licking your toes :P

Also, I feel that the prone stance should be sped up. As it is, it represents a soldier in the field who has time to position himself, not a scared-to-death survivor running from Zombie's. If there could be an animation that goes from prone to running, that would be perfect.

And, If you could see whether or not a dead player was either killed by Zombies or gunfire, I think it would make a big difference towards atmosphere. I'd imagine that everybody searches a dead body if they see one so it doesn't really matter what symbol appears. The symbol could be a bite mark, a gun symbol or a tree symbol (for if the player died from natural causes).

+Zombie's really need faster death animations. It's often hard to tell if you need to shoot more bullets and bullets are often wasted.

I believe there is a "Study Body" button that provides a cause of death.

I do agree with you on some of the other things, fairly small, but true. Especially that one about zombie animations. But I think they're working on it already, the game's still working on polishing.

I believe there is a "Study Body" button that provides a cause of death.

I do agree with you on some of the other things' date=' fairly small, but true. Especially that one about zombie animations. But I think they're working on it already, the game's still working on polishing.

[/quote']

Actually, the game is not anywhere even close to the polishing stage. Rocket said the other day, that if the build wasnt completely fucked, then he is not doing his job (meaning chucking in new features and generally pushing things too far). Polishing will be done some months down the road when all of the features have been added.

Rocket: The build is fucked

Yes, we know. The build is always fucked. If it is not fucked, then I haven't pushed hard enough in this update. If I fuck a build in Beta then you can rage all you want, but if you rage now and tell me I burned your $30 I'm just going to roll my eyes and google for meme's. This is what hotfixes are for, I do the hotfixes until the build is where I wanted it to be. Then we test it. If we like it, we keep it, if not, we revert. That's how it has worked and that is why we are here where we are.

the first suggestion belongs in the bug report forum, the prone stance does have an animation and you can inspect players to see what caused them to die.

Thnx guys, I'll look into that.

I love the background music in the game. The 1st days of game play, I'd reconsider playing just because of the tension that the music creates but I have found a tedious element within one soundtrack.

I played a server today from 8pm till midnight. The experience of midnight darkness and real-time is insane! I heard the soundtrack during low-light and many time during day-light hours and it wasn't so bad. It was only until the darkness crept in when it became a serious problem...

One soundtrack uses Zombie voice sound effects. I don't care for the tension it creates and nor do i feel it has any right to be in the soundtrack and I'll debate this until my keyboard smashes to pieces.

Please, could the soundtrack be re-edited to have the Zombie voice's removed.

Thnx guys' date=' I'll look into that.

I love the background music in the game. The 1st days of game play, I'd reconsider playing just because of the tension that the music creates but I have found a tedious element within one soundtrack.

I played a server today from 8pm till midnight. The experience of midnight darkness and real-time is insane! I heard the soundtrack during low-light and many time during day-light hours and it wasn't so bad. It was only until the darkness crept in when it became a serious problem...

One soundtrack uses Zombie voice sound effects. I don't care for the tension it creates and nor do i feel it has any right to be in the soundtrack and I'll debate this until my keyboard smashes to pieces.

Please, could the soundtrack be re-edited to have the Zombie voice's removed.

[/quote']

I don't play with music, bro. I turned mine off long ago. Most of the time I even turn my TV off, because it distracts me, covers other noises, and also bleeds through my mic and bothers people.

I don't play with music' date=' bro. I turned mine off long ago. Most of the time I even turn my TV off, because it distracts me, covers other noises, and also bleeds through my mic and bothers people.

[/quote']

So many thnx for reminding me ;)