Sign in to follow this  
citizen 16

Limited connection attemps per minute

Id like to suggest a system, that allowes a player only one conection attemp per 3 minutes.

My Theory is, when you stop people from reconnecting emediatly when they end up on the "waiting for Server response" screen, that will increase the servers performance and decrease the time to conect and actually play.

Ps. i hope that makes any scence

kind regards

3 minutes is rather a long time.

Maybe 30 seconds would work.

If that is actually the cause of the problem though.Im not entirely sure

this is beyond the scope of the mod, as it would require engine changes which would not benefit the arma2 community as a whole

Currently, the more savvy server admins are locking then unlocking the servers to let small numbers in per unlock until,the server is full. This is somewhat improving the situation on those servers. I suspect the real issue is the data transfer queue between the game server and the central database server

that is bad news science i thought it could be a simple solution :(.

What i think they still can do, is change the scripts they have made by themselfes, so the server database refuses the data for a certain time. The players who reconnect emediatly at "server response" screen will then end up in a f.e. "you have to wait 3 minutes"screen.

maybe that would have a psychologic effect in the 1st place but id give it a shot ;).

I apreciate all coments.

More servers are probably the best solution anyway.

So people don't have to click their fingers off an hour at a time.