Sign in to follow this  
inafinus

Slower Zombies

Now, as much as I love DayZ, I absolutely hate how the zombies run inhumanly fast. I know it is in Alpha, but seriously... Zombies are WAY too freaking fast, and also, they glitch through about everything. Please make a big patch that would make the zombies slower (Instead of running 50 MPH), and be less glitched out. Please... Hear me out. ;_;

I agree the problem with the zombie animations is pretty severe, it almost looks like a lag/server glitch as they approach. One second they are on screen right, they vanish and teleport to screen left. terrible. Also how are these zombies able to run when they are obviously starving from lack of brainz food.

If you know it's alpha' date=' then this thread shouldn't exist.

[/quote']

If you know it's alpha, then don't shoot people down when they say "Hey, Alpha Creator, this is a problem".

Yeah, the super-athletic zombies are a problem for everyone man. It's more to do with being on the internet, and the lag that comes with it, than that zombies need to be easy-fied. Rocket and team have to balance a fine line between hard-core and semi-realistic, and keeping it balanced so the weak link can be the player, and not the net code.

I'm pretty sure the inhuman zombie speed is just a band-aid fix for poor coding. At current the zed heads run in a serpentine zig-zag pattern instead of in a straight line and if they were any slower they would never catch you. Personally I've always hated the concept of quick zombies, maybe have an uncommon sprinter zombie mixed in with the normal shamblers to keep combat exciting, but I don't think zombie running should be the norm.

I think it would be interesting if Rocket implemented a stamina bar to control player speed and then slowed the base movement speed of zeds to about 80% of a players sprinting speed.

Kophka, I think what he's trying to say when he says the game is in alpha is that, maybe the Zombies arn't OP, maybe they just seem OP because they can run fast, AND they glitch (alpha problem).

Rocket knows that the Zombie AI is broken, it comes from using ARMA II as the base for the game, and he's working on it, but it's a problem when the AI for the game assumes that each enemy is a Special Ops trained soldier when they are supposed to be a stupid zombie. It's harder to dumb down AI then it is making it smarter.

So maybe when he's fixed the glitching out of the Zombies, maybe they will be easier to fight, even if they are still fast. But how about we wait until they arn't glitched before we say they should be slower?

But saying "Fix the Glitch." is not a suggestion, it's a bug report. which are located somewhere else in the forums.