Zanso

Seattle 26 Hosted by Webbs - Administrative Abuse..?

My friends and I were playing on Seattle 26 (50 slot server) when we stumbled across a car in the woods. About two minutes after we got the car the server "Went Down". The only problem is that the players that were still online did not receive the "No messages received in blank seconds" message. A few of us weren't in the server so we went and filtered for it, and guess what? The server showed up offline.

This wouldn't necessarily be a big deal, but we believe that the car that we found was owned by one of the admins group. About ten of us feel that this is an abuse of power and that something needs to be done about this. We don't want the car back, we just want the server to be fair for all players.

Thank you very much for your time.

- Zanso

The problem is, there is no way to prove it. You might just have to move on from that server. Before I rented my own server, I had my own personal list of "Blacklisted" servers I wont ever return to.

Sorry to hear the bad luck you had.

I appreciate your advice. We would love to move on but we have a lot of server side items. I just want answers as to what is wrong with the server.

Just forget about it this happens always honestly don't even try to dig around for answers it in most cases brings up more BS.

Well the server came back "Online" after about two hours. Guess what? Car is gone.

Here's a little update. We all spawned in at our camp, and there was a group of people there and they shot us. They were NOT there when the server "Went down". This is complete bull s**t.

Before anyone suggests that maybe they just logged in there, it's not true. We have people in our group from all different time zones and at least one person is always there.

Server admins don't really have that much power. Sounds like you might've run into someone using an exploit or hack.

Do you happen to have a time and date that this happened? There is only one other Administrator on the server besides myself, and neither of us have vehicles.

We have been having some server issues recently - going down and whatnot, I'm trying to figure out what is going on there. Like Clinton said though - Server Admin's don't have that much power to turn the server off, hide it from the list - and move the vehicle while the server is down. Seems like a bug to me.

This has been happening to some servers all day, likely related to the DDoS attacks on the hive. They are desynchronizing from the master server, meaning you will still be able to run around and your character location will update. But if you're in a vehicle, try to loot anything, etc., it will all get rolled back once the server resynchronizes again. I lost a bike on a different server earlier today because the server desynced while I was riding it around Stary Sobor... unfortunately, I didn't realize this until I was in Berezino. After I tried to relog the server was showing up as offline, and by the time I got back on for real the bike was gone. This bike had been sitting in my camp for 3+ days, so it's highly unlikely any sort of foul play was involved in the server going down.

TL;DR, it's not admin abuse, just bad luck. The servers are desyncing, which essentially means they're offline because even if you're still able to get on and play, nothing you do while they're in a desynchronized state will save; it will all get rolled back.

It was around 10pm-12am. Like I said, someone was always at that camp and there is no way anyone "Spawned in" right beside us, which is what happened.

Webb I feel betrayed. All our stuff man. All of it gone, deleted by what seems to be an admin. I doubt this is just a bug. It all seems to be very convenient. I do not believe in coincidence. Please talk to your admins and possibly do an internal investigation. This could very well cause me to go to another server. I am pretty pissed about it.

I thought that only the person that placed the tent could remove it? But all of our tents were removed.

Webb I feel betrayed. All our stuff man. All of it gone' date=' deleted by what seems to be an admin. I doubt this is just a bug. It all seems to be very convenient. I do not believe in coincidence. Please talk to your admins and possibly do an internal investigation. This could very well cause me to go to another server. I am pretty pissed about it.

[/quote']

An Admin cannot do that - I truly believe it was a bug within the server. Either way, the server has been closed as the community most of us were playing with got their server approved - running at 80 slots.