Sign in to follow this  
slywether

Cooking stick proximity cooking

Nothing fancy, and I supposed it may be complicated at the moment.

So I'm loving cooking with sticks.  A cooking pot was such a burden before, and remained a constant unicorn for me in previous iterations.

I tend to gather about 1:2 cooking sticks to meat when I cook, so I can break down the sticks to keep the fire going.

When you drop a stick with or without meat is just jams out of the ground like reg sticks.  I have tried leaving the sticks close to the fire out of curiosity to see if it would cook like that, to my dismay.  Maybe I just haven't been patient enough, but it takes about 1-3 minutes to cook a steak on a stick generally, and I've waited quite some time with a stick next to the fire.

It would be neat if I could pile all my sticks up near the fire, and just keep the fire going.  It would still take some managing to keep the fire going, and not to burn meat and such.   Prob wouldn't be "op" or unbalanced, I'd imagine.

I have also noticed that my face doesn't melt anymore.  I honestly haven't even noticed getting hot while cooking either, but that could just be my current clothing, etc.  But makes me think the "casting"/"cooking" animation is attached to the cooking process, and they removed the face melting.  Maybe I'm just drunk.

Anyway, cheers to being alive since the last wipe, and char wipes being the only times I've fresh spawned since .45 and about 10 hours into 400.  (Not that there's anything remarkable about that, I just dig not dying :))

PS:  Can anyone confirm fish work again?  filleting, cooking etc?  I can travel for cows when I need, and get the random deer/pig, but would love to fish again, and just haven't tested it since it wasn't working.

• Like 1

I've tried fishing recently.

Fifteen minutes later not a single bite.

Realism.

I've tried fishing recently.

Fifteen minutes later not a single bite.

Realism.

Maybe your baits smell bad.

I doubt they'll add a feature like this, in the interest of balance. If you could then there would be no point in finding a cooking pot/pan at all, you could just cut off more sticks.

Edited by OnionOfShame