-AG-1- BrandonL

As an Admin, how do I deal with this?

^The care-bears and the players that have excessive over-entitlement calling admin abuse on any admin that does there job. And because hackers now have a system that deletes logs. Like how do I deal with this? I recently been dealing with the situation that anyone that has been caught or suspicious activity i have been banning. And allowing appeals back into the server. But really? How do we catch hackers that have no tracks? Do we go back to ban on suspicion and what other players tell us? So much gray area... I can't even.

>Pic below describing my rage. Killed last week at NW Airfield. Banned that player for 6 months.

[attachment=1702]

This is so stupid....Seriously I hope rocket cracks down on this, I just made a thread about someone nuking our server.

I fully agree the current tools don't work, server logs and Dayz logs are absolutely useless except for catching the stupid breed of hackers. One of the reasons why hackers get away with it is because the absolute mess the central database is. I've seen some of the logs, but every action from every server gets logged in those files so it's impossible to find anything back, you can imagine how big they are and how they grow unless you know with a minute accuracy when it happened. Make those logs (also) server sided and we could do so much more already by just checking faster.

It's already next to impossible to catch a cheater with logs alone, but I would turn it the other way around. If a known player is not in the logs but is in the server for a while you're just looking at a hacker as well. It's like looking at a black hole, we only know they exist because we see a lack of matter where we would expect matter otherwise. Same thing here, if we know a player exists but we see a large black hole in the logs where he should have been, we've just found a hacker. Especially now that hackers can alter those logs, it might be more interesting to look at this general relativity theory to catch hackers by a lack of traces.

Re designing the game is out of the question due to Arma3... best bet , make the servers standalone where admin has full control and drop the data base. Lock the server and have your friends play in it. Rocket just need to get over it allow admins to have control of their server , the engine is to broken and BE isnt going to do anything.

Re designing the game is out of the question due to Arma3... best bet ' date=' make the servers standalone where admin has full control and drop the data base. Lock the server and have your friends play in it. Rocket just need to get over it allow admins to have control of their server , the engine is to broken and BE isnt going to do anything.

[/quote']

signed!

You better delete that link...

@Topic: The Bypass is realy easy to detect...compare the arma2oaserver.rtp with the scripts.log and ban everyone that logged in at arma2oaserver.rtp but does not show in your scripts.log as that bypass blocks the legal scripts too. As easy as that. All you need is to find someone who writes a tool for you that can do that.

There will always be hacks and workarounds made by the smart guys but 90% of those hacking faggots are pure user...and those get banned realy fast and easy. Its just a matter of time. The problem with arma2 is that it was never played enough to gain global attention, so it was kinda uninteresting, but with dayz+crappy anticheat it became a playground.

omg are here still guys complaining about things allready happens all time... since all guys who want to hack find them if they seach......

yeah maybe it will take attention to 20 of 100 ppl starting to run their scripts in dayz every day..... but its even as the most will be to retarded to understand anything of this if they dont even find thoose places.....

the hacks also selled over youtube videos much more easier to find for ppl looking for it so..... yeah..... x_X

if i only see that thoose hackers can run the scripts for other players getting banned or somth.. totally fail from bohemian and battle eye if they cant react to that.....

In retrospect, I would actually encourage posting more links to ready-made cheat scripts. The more hackers we have, the more likely it will become that somebody with the ability to act will also act. More hackers only raise awareness for the issue and will mobilize the stakeholders.

We really shouldn't close our eyes for hacking manuals and scripts available everywhere on the internet and thereby neglecting the accessibility of such information, as the first google hit will propably give you the same results as well.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Arma+2+Dayz+Hack

I aggree that giving information to those who can change stuff is no deal. But posting it here in a public forum may encourgae those who a) were to lazy to search on their own b) were not sure about the step to the dark side to start with that hacking.

encourgae those who a) were to lazy to search on their own

I truly doubt if we have much to fear then from these people who are too lazzy to search for a YouTube video or forum post. Bad hackers are lazzy hackers so they will get caught eventually. It's the good ones who leave no traces you have to worry about.

encourgae those who a) were to lazy to search on their own

I truly doubt if we have much to fear then from these people who are too lazzy to search for a YouTube video or forum post. Bad hackers are lazzy hackers so they will get caught eventually. It's the good ones who leave no traces you have to worry about.

yep true

This link says it all and why i back server admins having full control

Forcing the server/other people to run your scripts

[Redacted]

I dont even blame battleye , it really comes down to the crappy programming from BI......read that post there are open security flaws

This link says it all and why i back server admins having full control

Forcing the server/other people to run your scripts

[Redacted]

I dont even blame battleye ' date=' it really comes down to the crappy programming from BI......read that post there are open security flaws

[/quote']

yeah well ok you cant blame battle eye thats true...

and hell yeah its really shitty open source like....

My server has nameplates on temporarily until everything is fixed so people can record them and get their names. Then I'll grab their IP and GUID then ban that from my server.

At first I was really disappointed with BattlEye, but you guys have to realize they aren't VAC. They don't have a ton of staff, but the ones they do have ACTUALLY CARE. I had a problem with my server, one that was pretty clearly probably my fault, and on the official forums I had a guy from BattlEye PM me and try to help me out through several conversations. THAT is customer service when realistically I am not his customer.

Obviously a lot of stuff is behind the scenes and never talked about, but in the last month alone they have stopped A LOT of hacks and banned A LOT of people for using said hacks.

So, when it comes to bypasses, obviously BattlEye will have to fight them as they come, there isn't any magic code to stop them all from happening.

As for scripts, be proactive! Don't wait for your server to be attacked. SEARCH for hacks. Wait, what lol? YES, search for hacks every so often. DayZxxxxxx obviously did and he posted that link to that script. What do we then do? ADD IT TO OUR SERVER'S SCRIPT DETECTION FILE!

At first I was really disappointed with BattlEye' date=' but you guys have to realize they aren't VAC. They don't have a ton of staff, but the ones they do have ACTUALLY CARE. I had a problem with my server, one that was pretty clearly probably my fault, and on the official forums I had a guy from BattlEye PM me and try to help me out through several conversations. THAT is customer service when realistically I am not his customer.

Obviously a lot of stuff is behind the scenes and never talked about, but in the last month alone they have stopped A LOT of hacks and banned A LOT of people for using said hacks.

So, when it comes to bypasses, obviously BattlEye will have to fight them as they come, there isn't any magic code to stop them all from happening.

As for scripts, be proactive! Don't wait for your server to be attacked. SEARCH for hacks. Wait, what lol? YES, search for hacks every so often. DayZxxxxxx obviously did and he posted that link to that script. What do we then do? ADD IT TO OUR SERVER'S SCRIPT DETECTION FILE!

[/quote']

yeah here is finally a good attitude to help each other.

i would like to have a own forum section here and allready told that to a moderator. I think it would be really helpful for hoster beginners to have like a "anti cheat/players help players section" with sticky threads for tutorials within everyone sees how to deal with hackers and can get proactive.

maybe there could also be a full list of scripts all server admins should have in their monitoring eye scripts.

maybe there could be more... (your ideas) ;)

atm there is just that reporting thread with really dont solve the problem that most admins dont know how to make ther servers safe. Otherwise most ppl dont know wich server are maintained and beeing safe enough.

since in my thread there was only flaming about me beeing no help not even realizing that its a good help for all to share their wisdom as the hackers do maybe this is the right place to keep that idea up and convince the moderators to give us such a section.

i dont say thats the ultimate help but i think it will wake up ppl who doesnt find help themself or dont know much about hosting.

it would be still better than doing nothing as some of thoose forum pessimistic people are just sitting around amusing about ppl like me have a idea wich may help.

greetz

kabs

This is a slipper slope we've got to deal with, the game is working off an engine that like all engines has flaws. Some more than others and we have to get this straight there WILL always be "hacks/cheats" even always online games like Diablo 3 etc. can have their memory read to display information that gives you an advantage.

It's not a war that can't be won, it's a endless battle of attrition our only hope is that the developers never give up.

This is a slipper slope we've got to deal with' date=' the game is working off an engine that like all engines has flaws. Some more than others and we have to get this straight there WILL always be "hacks/cheats" even always online games like Diablo 3 etc. can have their memory read to display information that gives you an advantage.

It's not a war that can't be won, it's a endless battle of attrition our only hope is that the developers never give up.

[/quote']

well if u see it that like i would say lets fight it together with every weapon loaded ^^

i think a froum section with players helping players about anti hack would be a really good way to do this. That would not keep all thoose pro hackers away but for sure the most guys had a place to ask for help agaínst thoose fake copy hackers.

a member of my clan is atm just investigating some more things speaking to battle eye guys.

so come on the hackers have places where they are sharing their fuck to hack us, so why shouldnt we do the same back against them?

i think there are much admins who would really admit some more proactive help and server setting tuts etc.

if this only holds of like 60% of thoose semi hacker kids it would be a endless fight but against less enemys if everyone shares this wisdom wich each other.

no body can delete your server logs unless they have direct access to the computers. The answer is simple, force the latest beta patch on your server and you will be 1 step ahead of most(98%) hackers.

Also my server kicks for opening the server console at all in-game, it still works in the lobby; the dev's blocked shift+p, blocking it completely while in-game will solve a lot of problems too. Not to worry, the battleye bypass bypasses script logging, not battleye reporting, their CD keys are being banned.

P.S. STOP FUCKING POSTING THE SCRIPT TO KILL EVERYONE IN THE SERVER!!!!

I think this is an very good idea.We need a section where players helps players.

Hackers make DayZ unplayable.

So lets kick some hackers asses.

Not to worry' date=' the battleye bypass bypasses script logging, not battleye reporting, their CD keys are being banned.

[/quote']

that i really dont understand fully. can u make precise explaination ?

greetz

kabs

a knowledge exchange between admins/hoster would be great. there a some tutorials out there about security. but not an complete one to rise the securty level and opportunities that are out there. the most dayz server out there even dont have a right setting, so ppl vote themselfe to an admin and kick all players. or restart vote for the mission, roles and so on. some step by step tutorial would be fine and how to handle the security settings to minimize the public hack shit. the realy good "hackers" you will nearly not caught...

Not to worry' date=' the battleye bypass bypasses script logging, not battleye reporting, their CD keys are being banned.

[/quote']

greetz

kabs

We'll first off, the bypass doesn't work on newer versions of the beta, this is the reason to force players to have the latest beta.

Second, battleye does 2 things, one is to monitor scripts executed, the second is to monitor applications running. Since the bypass is detected (I'm not sure how detection is done exactly) people using the bypass will have their CD keys banned within 48 hours.

Third, all scripts executed (server-side and client-side) are logged in scripts.log, permitting the server admin has setup the scripts.txt correctly. Essentially the bypass doesn't bypass battleye itself, it only bypasses script detection/logging, hackers will not get banned for using a script but a known hack.

[/quote']

greetz

kabs

We'll first off, the bypass doesn't work on newer versions of the beta, this is the reason to force players to have the latest beta.

Second, battleye does 2 things, one is to monitor scripts executed, the second is to monitor applications running. Since the bypass is detected (I'm not sure how detection is done exactly) people using the bypass will have their CD keys banned within 48 hours.

Third, all scripts executed (server-side and client-side) are logged in scripts.log, permitting the server admin has setup the scripts.txt correctly. Essentially the bypass doesn't bypass battleye itself, it only bypasses script detection/logging, hackers will not get banned for using a script but a known hack.

ahh ok thnx. yeah that what i most also found out. but i didnt know that if you have the latest beta patch that it would do so much on its own. i consider that there is still some setup things that will be needed through ? like giving some of those script informations that should be detected i presume ?

so you know about the BEC tool ? is it still helpful with that latest beta patch or doesnt it ?

maybe u know something else that could be needful ? like updating some battle things for the server maintaince ?

what do you think about this forum section idea ?

thnx in advance

kabs