Pawnee68

Can't play Dayz Standalone

After the last BE update I'm no longer able to play DayZ Standalone.  I'm able to log into any server but immiately after I log in and press any key to move it freezes for a second or two then moves.  If I keep the key pressed it freezes for a much longer time.  I have tried another keyboard, another mouse, I've re installed BE and dayz.  Nothing is working the problem is persisting.  Can anyone help? 

CPU: Intel i7 870 @2.93 Ghz, GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti, RAM: 16GB, Windows: 7, RES: 1920x1080, Internet Speed: 50 m/bs

Edited by Pawnee68

I have the same problem, I was getting good fps but now game freezes and only about 7 fps in game.

my problem is fixed !! I have a second steam account with dayz on it so I went to it and there was no lag and my standard fps was there . So I went back to the other account  and stripped of all my gear and moved away from it and after getting around a 100 yards away my fps came back to normal. I then went back to my gear and started going through it and found that I had picked up a pair of cargo pants that contained 5 vest 2 pair of boots and a hat.  I will be more careful on the gear I pickup from those guard shacks.

I have 3 separate characters and they are all doing it.  Plus it's lagging even on startup now.  Plus the FPS counter has dissapeared as well.  I'm at a loss.

Not sure whats going on. Im pretty sure it has to do with the update to 0.57 as that seams to be when everyone starting haveing this issue. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. Im going threw withdrawls! Wish i could remove updates so i could still play or at least see if that is where the issue is. Ive tried EVERYTHING i can think of to fix this issue. Im out of ideas. Would be nice if we could get some kind of answer so i know if i have to wait for 0.58 or not. The suspense is killing me.

I tried playing on .58 experimental and had the same issue so I doubt the next update is going to fix it.  I've tried everything.  I even took all my clothes off in game to see if that was it.  No change. 

I tried playing on .58 experimental and had the same issue so I doubt the next update is going to fix it.  I've tried everything.  I even took all my clothes off in game to see if that was it.  No change. 

lol, i did the same thing. thought it was maybe a gear glitch. striped all my gear (one week old) and tried to move out of the area one step (15-30secs) at a time. I even took off my clothes in real life to show that i was serious. Tried to respawn, delete the .vars file, anything to give me a fresh repspawn and cant. I tried the experimental .58 as well, with no luck. Never thought of that meaning it wont work .58 either. That really bums me out now.

have you both done cfg file tweaks and if so double check that something didnt change, seems a bit strange that both of you had frames before and now suddenly your freezing constantly

• Like 1

have you both done cfg file tweaks and if so double check that something didnt change, seems a bit strange that both of you had frames before and now suddenly your freezing constantly

It is strange. Its not just the two of us either. There are a couple other threads on here where there are numorous people having this issue since the update. I did just revisit my .cfg and everything looks good other than my "GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=" was set to 0 instead of 1. I changed it back to 1 and there is no change. still having the freeze when trying to move. **EDIT**: I noticed now, after revisiting my .cfg again, everytime i close the game, it resets my "GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=" back to 0. Maybe this is the issue. Any ideas on how to stop it from resetting to 0? Its something to look at anyways.

*Pawnee68, Have you noticed this?

The only thing I've noticed in common is everyone that seams to have this issue is using NVidia Cards. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Edited by JgerJohn

I may have found something to go on. Now to figure out why "GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=" keeps resetting to 0.

IF you have 0 max frames ahead your GPU will not prepare frames before they are displayed, causing less stress in the GPU but as a consequence the game will stutter a bit and decrease mouse lag since you have more frames because there is less stress on the GPU.

The more max frames you pur, for example 3, before the frames are displayed, the GPU is already calculating the 3 frames ahead, making the game run "smoother" less stutter but at lower FPS and increasing mouse input lag.

You can read the rest of this post at if you need more explanations

Source: http://forums.guru3d...ad.php?t=143811

I may have found something to go on. Now to figure out why "GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=" keeps resetting to 0.

IF you have 0 max frames ahead your GPU will not prepare frames before they are displayed, causing less stress in the GPU but as a consequence the game will stutter a bit and decrease mouse lag since you have more frames because there is less stress on the GPU.

The more max frames you pur, for example 3, before the frames are displayed, the GPU is already calculating the 3 frames ahead, making the game run "smoother" less stutter but at lower FPS and increasing mouse input lag.

You can read the rest of this post at if you need more explanations

Source: http://forums.guru3d...ad.php?t=143811

Your explanation was PERFECT!! I was set at 0.  I set it to 1 and it didn't work.  I set it to 3 and it works now.  I still don't have the FPS counter but I can finally play again.  Thank you very much for your insight!

Im happy you are able to play again. I still cannot get it to work. it keeps resetting to 0. When I get it all figured out, i will post the details back. I cant figure out why it keeps resetting.....ugh

I spoke too soon.  I relogged and the problem is back.  I'm giving up for the weekend.  Too stressful. 

Well, I left for the weekend.  Came back today and tried to log on. Now everything is so slow it takes forever to log in.  I set GPU_max to 1 and 1 and it's still not working.  I"m having the same issue.

I was finally able to get it working. I dont know if this is a fix, or temp. Here is what i did:

First of all i had dayz open, alt tab out, and went to my GPU control panel and forced GPU pre render to 1 for dayz specifically. it  was set to global. it didnt seam to fix it at first. then i went into task manager and end process stij. there were two of them. they came right back, but it seamed to fix dayz. Hopefully this works for you. i dont know exactly what fixed it, but that is all i did this time and it worked. i have exited dayz, reloaded, changed servers and it still works. Good luck and hopefully you get it working also.

I just tried it and it worked for me too!  What made you think of stij process?  I would have never guessed?  What is it?

Im not sure what it is, i just know it has caused issues before. normally just with firefox, but i thought maybe this time is was my issue with games to. It belongs to Perion Network Ltd, and i haven't found what it is. Some say its dangerous, others dont. its hard to remove. although a good search will show how.

Anyway, glad it worked. this was a frustrating situation that im glad we were able to figure out. (little disappointed there was no help from forum). i guess they are busy with other task.

Now that it is working, hit me up on Steam. Maybe we can play together. Enjoy, and maybe ill run into you