Sign in to follow this  
rspwn

FPS much lower than I guess it should be?

Firstly, hello everyone I'm new to these forums but I've been anjoying my DayZ for some time now.

My hardware: http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2028/screen1uyy.png with 4gb of ram.

Visibility: 1200

Texture Detail: Low

Video Memory: High

AF: Very High

AA: Very High

Terrian Detail: Low

Objects Detail: Low

Shadow Detial: High

Post Effect: Disabled

HDR: Normal

Interface Size: Small

Interface Res: 1366x768

3D res: 1366x768

vsync: Off

I play using ArmA2:Free with Op Arrowhead. FPS I get is within 12-20 range with occasional spikes up to 28 with my weapon/binocs scoped in. I have the newest drivers, as well as arma2oa.exe whitelisted on my optimus settings sheet for dedicated gpu. Friends I play with seem to be getting much better fps with similar settings and hardware (they all run arma free too). Also, this is one of the very few games that cause problems for me. Fairly recent titles such as Dead Island run maxed out with x2 aa and x4 aniso at steady 50fps+. That said, I've tried some tweaks such as disabling HT or upping the priority on arma2oa process of which neither had a positive effect on my framerate. Thanks in advance for every piece of advice given.

try setting texture detail to very high and everything else to low - disable.

I just run everything on High, adjust your 3D Resolution again afterwards or else it looks blurry. I run a i5 3570K @4.5GHz and a GTX 670 2GB video card and I still get lag in places. Its just a really demanding engine, sadly you don't see the payoff.