markusloveFTM

Bad version, server rejected connection.

I just bought Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead to play DayZ. I began to download DayZ and everything was fine until Battleye anti-cheat which I have no idea how to install — at first it was saying "!!! MISSING STRING" when I clicked "Reinstall Battleye anti-cheat" but now it just says "this game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time.".

I can start the games but when I attempt to join a server, most of them say "Bad version, server rejected connection" — I'm pretty sure this has to do with the Battleeye.

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit and I installed Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead on steam.

Any help please?

You need to download and install the Arma2 Beta Patch from

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

The latest one at the top in the green bar. Install it then take the arma2oa.exe from /extensions/beta and place it in the OA root folder, backing up the original.

I've done that, then when trying to run the game from the new .exe file i put in the root folder i get can't run graphical 3D engine or something or other.

Tried running the Launch Arma2 Beta.exe or whatever its called?

Also have you made sure you're running the right launch parameters on your shortcut?