Sign in to follow this  
tuleg1t

Male/Female or Bandit/Survivor?

Bandit - Starts with bandit skin and has the ability to kill bandits and survivors as he wishes. Prefers the cruel world of surviving and see's others as a means to his survival. Starts with a Tent

Survivor - survivor skin (obviously). Has the ability to use direct chat in side channel. Survivor can no longer attack other survivors, but has more of an ability to band together with others over chat and enabling policing of cities. Bandits shot on sight.

no?

What i look forward to is the disappearance of the debug menu.

No. Just no.

As insightful as your post was, i believe a little more clarity into the reason you don't want this would help.

I like the fact that this game doesn't force a faction choice, I wouldn't like to see it happen in the future.

Although some kind of partying system could be handy so you don't accidently RPG your team mates ...

I like the fact that this game doesn't force a faction choice' date=' I wouldn't like to see it happen in the future.

Although some kind of partying system could be handy so you don't accidently RPG your team mates ...

[/quote']

In a way i agree, but survival would be technically all about factions. Everyone would have a group in which they stay with and the people in whom they would avoid.

In a way i agree' date=' but survival would be technically all about factions. Everyone would have a group in which they stay with and the people in whom they would avoid.

[/quote']

But what if I suddenly don't want to team up with those people, or perhaps I'm a bandit that suddenly feels lonely and wants to return to some kind of community?

The way it currently stands is freedom enough to make your own choices. Want to be a "survivor"? Don't shoot people. Want to be a "Bandit" shoot ALL the people!

But what if I suddenly don't want to team up with those people, or perhaps I'm a bandit that suddenly feels lonely and wants to return to some kind of community?

The way it currently stands is freedom enough to make your own choices. Want to be a "survivor"? Don't shoot people. Want to be a "Bandit" shoot ALL the people!

Then i can see a flaw there and i agree it does limit the choice of freedom, but if you don't want to team with a certain group, just don't.

If you are a lonely bandit then being a survivor hunting out bandits would suit you more. You could of also been a lone survivor instead of grouping but it does leave you the option to regroup.. So, you get to murder the bad guys but still get the chance to be in a community.

bandit friend makes survivor. Trolls other survivors for easy kills for his bandit friend.

Yes, this can happen. It would still cut back on shoot on sight mentality that is currently in the game.

Also like to mention with servers with name tags on, he could only do this once before being caught and labeled over side chat that he is a fraud.

I like the fact that this game doesn't force a faction choice' date=' I wouldn't like to see it happen in the future.

[/quote']

I agree with this. I believe it forces us to be focused all the time. I love the freedom and the paranoia that goes with it. Once, we had a miscommunication with a buddy of mine and he shot me although 15sec before he knew it was me, ahah. Hopefully I had 100hp left and he gave me a blood transfusion.

I've seen ideas exactly like this suggested so many times it's not even funny. Guess what the general consensus is most of the time? No.