Sign in to follow this  
d_rohr

Disk or download?

I have looked at multiple posts & websites but am still undecided. There seems to be install and other misc issues with both.

Which do you feel would be the easiest? Buying the hard copy or downloading via Steam?

Anyone know what you get with the hard copy that you don't with the Steam download? Maps, extended manual, etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

If you have a store near you that carries the game, then sure, buy it there if you can still get ArmA 2 and Combined Operations for $30. There's no difference when installing DayZ (just ArmA is installed in a different place) and if you can skip the couple of hours of downloading (each game is ~10GB) then yeah, buy it in a store. I can't comment on what's in the retail box because I didn't buy it retail.

I always prefer a hard copy but there were no stores in my area that had the game in stock. I downloaded it from gamersgate. There were no issues with installation for me. That service asks you if you want to keep the compressed game files on your pc after install. If you have the space, you can keep them in case something goes wrong and a reinstall is required.

I was only getting about 1.17mb download speeds, though. Driving to a store may be more time efficient for you.

I always prefer the download version of games because it means I don't accumulate stuff. Although it takes a while to download ARMA 2 Combined Ops, so keep that in mind.