Murphboy7

Morbid Stories - Tell Your Notable Death Tales Here!

Morbid Stories

- Here in this deathly land where no one can walk away from (probably due to broken legs) is where you can all post your morbid tales of your notable deaths!

- The entire purpose of this thread should be simple and easy to understand. If you've ever died in a particularly horrible/funny/happy way, post about it here!

Notable Death #1 - Gravity's a b****.

- First joining the game, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I ran around the area not thinking about my vision level and sound level and ran past about 3 or 4 zeds. As they started to chase me, I figured that the ladder up to a building I saw was my escape ticket. Climbing up to the top, I sat there for a bit, basking in my soon-to-be-crashed euphoria of escaping my near death (which didn't matter, I didn't have any items of worth, anyway). I bandaged myself up, and as I finish, a zed climbs his rotten a** up to me, and I panic. Forgetting that gravity still works, I took a sprint off the building (ok... so what if I messed up trying to go down the ladder and ran off by accident instead?) and broke some bones. Luckily, and unfortunately, the zeds lost track of me. That left me with the only option of crawling my broken way to the nearby town looking for a bandage to fix my newly opened wounds, since I just used my last bandage. The kicker to the story is that I didn't die from loss of blood, a zombie found me just before I died to finish the job. Bad way to go.

TL;DR? Cause of Death: Gravity... and idiocy.

- Notable Death #2 - Guns are a double edged sword.

- My second life, which I had been doing extremely well on (finding 2 canteens, a map, a double barrel shotgun, plenty of food and soda, and finding this all in Cherno without being killed by the sniper who had been aiming at me for 20 minutes), I had found a Lee Enfield in a barn. To be exact, I found THREE Lee Enfields in that barn, with ammo everywhere. I already had a double barrel shotgun but used all the ammo long ago. Hearing all the stories (and memes) regarding how loud the Lee Enfield is, I was hesitant to take it, but I didn't want to be defenseless if someone tried to attack me. I picked up the gun, all the ammo I could carry, and stepped out to find a zed staring me down. I ran the opposite way and it followed me out of the town. I resolved to get a pretty decent distance from the town so that my Lee Enfield would not attract anymore zeds. Once I "thought" I was far enough away, I took the shot.

It was like I released the kraken of flesh eating/body decaying/face munching freaks of hell.

Almost, and I only say almost because there may have been one zed who didn't, the entire town of zeds turned and sprinted in my direction. To end the story quick, I was mauled. And mauled, and mauled some more.

TL;DR? Cause of death: Lee Enfield

Go ahead, share your stories!

sooo many deaths, a quick one that still makes me laugh.

Sneaking into a barn with a friend, both entered the door at the same time and bam! both on the ground with snapped legs.

The the sounds of our legs breaking attracted enough zeds to finish the job.

be careful when moving through doorways kids!

I once died running down a staircase, apparently I ran to fast and flew over it, died instantly.

I've only had three deaths that I can remember. I'm pretty new to Day Z.

Death One- I had just made a survivor friend, and then I glitched on a a ladder in Cherno and died.

Death Two- I spawned at night. I ran for a while, and I found a power station. I went inside, a found an Enfield with a few shots, binoculars, and some flares. I climbed onto the roof of the nearby warehouse, and started throwing out flares (stupid idea, I know) because I was low on blood and wanted to let any survivors know that I was here. After that, I climbed up a tower in the station and waited, watching with my binoculars. I spotted a survivor, and he told me that he had a blood bag that he would be willing to give me in exchange for some food. I began to descend the ladder, and....the ladder glitched and I died.

Death Three, my most recent: I spawned in a building after having logged of for a while, and a man with a moustache ran in and killed my with an axe just seconds after I had spawned.

Really stupid death! I picked up a smoke grenade for the first time and somehow managed to throw it while in a small shack. I died from a million zombies who all came running to me.

Playing at night, I ran in a plain with two zombies up my ass, with a blue chemlight in the hand and someone shot me. Only a sign that says "Shoot me" was missing to be honest.

Lamest Death - 15 minutes ago. In a Barn, halfway up the stairs, and aggro'd Z runs up to door, but doesn't enter barn, swings, I'm dead. I had >11k Blood and was in perfect condition otherwise. Said WTF repeatedly and came here. :@ 15-20 hours spent on this Character, 450 Z Kills, 0 Murders, 0 Bandit kills, 4 potential FF avoided, and 1 Super Z with super long arms ends it all.

Funniest situation death - Enter Stary Sobor and someone posts a random message about a Z outbreak there. I wasn't really aware what town it was at the time, so I go in, enter the Store then I hear for my first time the sound of a diesel engine, then the sound of a horde of Zs. I go into the back room and just cower hoping nobody finds me. A dozen or so Zs start streaming through the far back door and I'm just sitting watching them come towards me trying to be as invisible as possible to both them and those who parked right out front of the Store. All I had was my Makarhov and 5 or 6 mags. Fortunately for me, the Zs just walked on by towards the front. Unfortunately for me, another survivor runs into the back room with me, he may have said something in Chat, but I was loling too much to notice. After staring at each other for 10 seconds, he pops me in the head.