Ritzcracker

Everyone is a bandit now?

I cant stand playing this game now... Everyone just shoots on sight.. No Direct comm, nothing... Where is the realism at? Simply walked into Grocery in berezino, announced my presence on Direct comm, said I was friendly... no word back, walked in quietly... 5 minutes later someone shoots me. This type of death has happened multiple times... A few times i've been completely unarmed... Ridiculous.

don't tell me to change his playstyle if he is using in game chat and people are just killing him for it.

there are friendlys out there, I toggle my direct comms whenever I'm in a city

No, everyone else was ALREADY a bandit. Removing bandit skins just got rid of the pointless fragile pretend state of 'I'm not a bandit I'm a goodie' bullshit that existed previously.

Don't want to die? Don't announce yourself in voice comms before going into a building! Stake out the area, move around, look and LISTEN for other people.

What you do after that is your choice, by first announcing yourself you already made the choice "HEY EVERYONE! I'M HERE COME SHOOT ME!"

OP - you are right. It will be addressed soon so keep the faith.

don't tell me to change his playstyle if he is using in game chat and people are just killing him for it.

there are friendlys out there' date=' I toggle my direct comms whenever I'm in a city

[/quote']

1. Do X

2. Doing X gets you killed

3. Complain about getting killed

4. Refuse to stop doing X

:huh:

If you have something of value, be it equipment or the thrill of ending you, you just may die for it.

Big shocker.

Get some weps, go to night servers, get a pack of friends, only loot empty buildings etc.

Anything works

There are words I hear that make me instantly stop caring about what a person is saying. Here that word is "realism".

I play probably 80% of my game time at evening / night. It's a lot easier to loot and move around without making every sniper bandit see you. Also when running from a place to another follow the treeline to avoid getting shot. I LMAO'd last week when I saw this youtube video where a guy complained about always getting shot by a bandit sniper. It was funny because as he said it he was running through this extensively large open field with lots of good sniper spots surrounding it..

Always, always, kill people. One out of two times that "friendly" will zap you. The times he won't is no benefit to you.

I still announce myself, but only when I have a bead on the other players head.

I start with "Move and you die", and when they move I fire. If they don't we trade for a bit or sometimes team up. Just makes sure they know you could have killed them, and NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER let them walk behind you.

there are friendlys out there' date=' I toggle my direct comms whenever I'm in a city

[/quote']

1. Do X

2. Doing X gets you killed

3. Complain about getting killed

4. Refuse to stop doing X

:huh:

However by not doing x i'm being anti social and it means accepting that friendly groups can only be made out side of game which if true means there is a design flaw.

yap i shoot 2 on EVRYTHING whos human ......evry 1 shoots me so why im not ......i team up and 20 misn later BAM hs down .... TY ........ evry time the same so i play with FRIENDS when u have no friends who play his game u have not mutch Survvial chances dude :D

yap i shoot 2 on EVRYTHING whos human ......evry 1 shoots me so why im not ......i team up and 20 misn later BAM hs down .... TY ........ evry time the same so i play with FRIENDS when u have no friends who play his game u have not mutch Survvial chances dude :D

I cannot possibly imagine why so many players do not like you.

No' date=' everyone else was ALREADY a bandit. Removing bandit skins just got rid of the pointless fragile pretend state of 'I'm not a bandit I'm a goodie' bullshit that existed previously.

Don't want to die? Don't announce yourself in voice comms before going into a building! Stake out the area, move around, look and LISTEN for other people.

What you do after that is your choice, by first announcing yourself you already made the choice "HEY EVERYONE! I'M HERE COME SHOOT ME!"

[/quote']

Is it safe to assume you are a bandit? I would have loved to know there are some people that are at least safer to trust. Right now it just kind of sucks because it is a lot more fun when you team up with someone.

Helped a fellow out with morphine and bandages - he got up and shot me. No big deal, I started again. He however will always be a prick.

So with lesson learned.......

Next time I helped a fellow and he asked if I had a spare gun. I told him to stay put and I walked down the end of the road and left a gun there for him. That gave me enough time to run and hide. I told him however, that I will be watching, and if comes in my direction, I'll maim him. So he walks off , but then doubles back. Idiots.

Helped a fellow out with morphine and bandages - he got up and shot me. No big deal' date=' I started again. He however will always be a prick.

So with lesson learned.......

Next time I helped a fellow and he asked if I had a spare gun. I told him to stay put and I walked down the end of the road and left a gun there for him. That gave me enough time to run and hide. I told him however, that I will be watching, and if comes in my direction, I'll maim him. So he walks off , but then doubles back. Idiots.

[/quote']

What weapon you left him? If it was good enough he probably thought there's more where that came from :)

What weapon you left him? If it was good enough he probably thought there's more where that came from :)

I forgot. Why you ask?

ah!! you've edited. I see. yeah - probs.

There are good people out there.

But the majority *will* shoot you on sight.

You just have to be vigilant, because even someone who starts off friendly, will put a bullet in your head if you give the wrong person the chance.

You want realism? You got it, because in a real apocalypse, it really would be the same way. (imho)

Most people who see me shoot me on sight, but if I get the drop on someone up-close I always announce my presence on direct voice, with my gun pointed at their head...I say I'm friendy and wait to see what they do.

Most of them actually speak back, and with the ice broken it's usually easy enough to continue without a conflict..both people are happy, though not always (remembers the guy I gave my axe to, who promptly killed me). I have to stick to my own way of playing to justify playing this game - I have to believe that it's possible to change others and show them that not everyone is a bandit.

Your mistake was hanging out in a grocery store. Get in, get what you can thats there, get out. Lonewolf survival in DayZ is all about moving. Never stop. Anytime I walk into a grocery store and have seen someone, Ive popped them. A couple times Ihave heard people do what you do and claim they are friendly and entering and that just makes it eaiser to pop them. If you arent on the TS channel, you are dead. Simple as that. If you dont like how I play then either dont run into me or go here: http://www.barbie-games.net/games/a-kiss-in-a-hammock.html

I cant stand playing this game now... Everyone just shoots on sight.. No Direct comm' date=' nothing... Where is the realism at? Simply walked into Grocery in berezino, announced my presence on Direct comm, said I was friendly... no word back, walked in quietly... 5 minutes later someone shoots me. This type of death has happened multiple times... A few times i've been completely unarmed... Ridiculous.

[/quote']

if your not in TS = KOS

clan tag = KOS

gun is not holstered = KOS

camo/ghillie = KOS

L85/SDgun = KOS

AXE = KOS

vehicle = KOS

play smart

Your mistake was hanging out in a grocery store. Get in' date=' get what you can thats there, get out. Lonewolf survival in DayZ is all about moving. Never stop. Anytime I walk into a grocery store and have seen someone, Ive popped them. A couple times Ihave heard people do what you do and claim they are friendly and entering and that just makes it eaiser to pop them. If you arent on the TS channel, you are dead. Simple as that. If you dont like how I play then either dont run into me or go here: http://www.barbie-games.net/games/a-kiss-in-a-hammock.html

[/quote']

This indeed. If you want to play as a loner you have to live like a loner. Don't expect to be friends with everyone you meet, people are cautious these days and may shoot you on sight