Sign in to follow this  
Hitback

DayZ = A GREAT game

A little positivity people..

I have to say that in light of the present DDOS attack I am reminded of how great a game DayZ actually is. Like many of you I am a longtime PC gamer and have played many many games online etc. Aside from Planetside 1 which has been my favourite game I would have to say that DayZ is an easy second on my all time favourite games list. Sure it is still in Alpha and has a few issues but try to keep it in perspective. It is the intense feelings that I get while playing this game that keeps me coming back, even despite those issues. And this game isn't really about the loot, although it is nice sneaking around with a Ghillie suit and an AK. It is about searching for loot and surviving while you do so. This is a fantastic game, a heady mix of suspense and survivalism, with a significant dose of zombiecide and pvp mixed in. Fantastic, loving it so far. Kudos to the Dev team for this one.

Couldn't agree more, Hitback. It's a massive breath of fresh-air in a sea of shitty cloned shooters and fantasy games.

How dare you come in here with a positive attitude. We won't stand for it.

What do you mean PvP sucks and the hackers are ruining it?

Oh sorry, you never said that - my mistake.

Yeah it is a great game. Free of charge too!!

I totally agree what an awesome surprise this game is .It came out of left field and has changed my whole view on the recent games scene. I now have a little optimism for the games industry in general, because developers have to compete with this awesome experiment.

DayZ is not a game.

It may not adhere to traditional gaming conventions but let's be honest, it's still a bloody game.

DayZ is not a game.

It may not adhere to traditional gaming conventions but let's be honest' date=' it's still a bloody game.

[/quote']

FFS. It's not a game. It's a mod. There is a HUGE difference between mods and games.

FFS. It's not a game. It's a mod. There is a HUGE difference between mods and games.

Besides a mod being produced by the community therefore free, would you mind listing these huge differences? You're splitting hairs.

Besides a mod being produced by the community therefore free' date=' would you mind listing these huge differences? You're splitting hairs.

[/quote']

Games are created by one or more developers. ArmA 2 was created by Bohemia Interactive and It uses Real Virtuality 2.0 engine, which is DEVELOPED by Bohemia Interactive. Chernarus, sounds, trees, grass, buildings etc. are made by Bohemia. If DayZ was a game it should use it's own engine, sounds, textures etc.

Saying that DayZ is a game is like saying that Project Nevada for Fallout: New Vegas is a game.

This game is nothing without this mod (the force of my own opinion!!)... i hope Bohemia understands that and is going to support this mod financially or any other way.. DayZ is a frickin gold mine for them

This game is nothing without this mod (the force of my own opinion!!)... i hope Bohemia understands that and is going to support this mod financially or any other way.. DayZ is a frickin gold mine for them

ArmA 2 community is small, but the multiplayer is something different than DayZ. People actually work together and have fun.

Besides a mod being produced by the community therefore free' date=' would you mind listing these huge differences? You're splitting hairs.

[/quote']

Games are created by one or more developers. ArmA 2 was created by Bohemia Interactive and It uses Real Virtuality 2.0 engine, which is DEVELOPED by Bohemia Interactive. Chernarus, sounds, trees, grass, buildings etc. are made by Bohemia. If DayZ was a game it should use it's own engine, sounds, textures etc.

Saying that DayZ is a game is like saying that Project Nevada for Fallout: New Vegas is a game.

So you're splitting hairs. Cool, well done.

[/quote']

He is. Dayz is a game. Counterstrike was a game. A mod is just a game that piggybacks on the resources of another.

Heck, under 'Kopiovastaava' definition every game that uses the Unreal engine probably fails to be a game.

[/quote']

For a reason

[/quote']

He is. Dayz is a game. Counterstrike was a game. A mod is just a game that piggybacks on the resources of another.

Without ArmA 2 we would not have DayZ.

But the fact is, that DayZ is a mod, or more like a game mode.

ArmA 2 community is small' date=' but the multiplayer is something different than DayZ. People actually work together and have fun.

[/quote']

My friends and I play a lot of ArmA for the teamwork. I am the only one that really plays DayZ out of them at the moment. Besides, it's more fun to have some defined objectives for teamplay.