Sign in to follow this  
lukas.knd@gmail.com

Server request not approved

I tried to apply to host a server and i got this response:

Dear xxxx,

This email is to inform you that your Instance ID request was not approved as it does not meet our standards for server hosts.

Product/Service: Instance ID

Specifically during lookup of this IP we have found it be blacklisted by one or more spam blacklists.

I don't understand how this can be true. I think there must be some kind of mistake. What should I do? My ip cant be blacklisted by some kind of spam blacklist because i never did such things.

From what I gather the IP to the server was blacklisted for spamming email. It's not uncommon to inherit an IP that some people used to blast emails with. I have clients that have that happen more often then not when switching ISPs. It's a shame they don't check them prior to distributing them. Just run your IP against a spam database site and go through the motions of getting it delisted. All of this is assuming your box on that IP isn't hijacked and really spamming emails out.

To be more detailed, use a site like this and run your IP against it to see if there are any hits.

http://www.dnsbl.info/

Again I was just assuming off of what they told you. As an IT consultant, that's how I read it. Also there's a few other sites that may have more DNSBL to run against. I'd google some more and run them to be sure. If you post your IP I can run it for you against my dnsstuff.com account. It also seems odd to me that they would deny you due to spam blacklisting though. It's not like DayZ has email integrated into it :P.

http://www.spamhaus.org/pbl/query/PBL279176

So it seems my ip is listed on the Policy Block List (PBL) by my internet provider. It seems like everybody who uses this internet provider is on this list

Removal Procedure

If you are not using normal email software but instead are running a mail server and you are the owner of a Static IP address in the range 78.60.0.0/16 and you have a legitimate reason for operating a mail server on this IP, you can automatically remove (suppress) your static IP address from the PBL database.

I cant remove my ip from this list because I don't run a mail server.

From FAQ section of spamhaus:

THE PBL IS NOT A BLACKLIST. You are not listed for spamming or for anything you have done. The PBL is simply a list of all of the world's dynamic IP space.

Ok so this PBL list is nothing bad. If i got rejected to create a server because i was in this PBL list i should be allowed to host a dayz server.

I'd talk with your ISP/datacenter. Spamhaus is a well-known blacklist that many companies use. It's odd that your ISP/datacenter hasn't gotten enough complaints to get off of that blacklist

Still its strange that I would be rejected to host a server just because i'm on this PBL list. Maybe an admin could reply and say if I could have been rejected just because i'm on this list?