Sign in to follow this  
CyberVillain (DayZ)

Character puts weapon on back or ground unintentionally

I have noticed that when reloading a magazine on a rifle, it will take my old mag and place it on the ground. That is freaking annoying, as I often reload while running. 

I've lost most of my primary rifles while double-carrying two primary weapons, especially when switching between them. 

I assume this has been posted to the feedback submitter / bug tracker.

It's the main headache so far in this patch. Luckily, loot is so plentiful that it's very easy to find more weapons.

Hmm, for me if I move up to a door and the icon for open it shows he some timedrop the or put the weapon on back. If i open the door he ALWAYS drops or puts the weapon on back (Mostly on back). 

i have found when i sprint i have been dropping the item i have in hand if there is not enough room in my inventory to hold the item. 

When reloading with a mag/clip make sure you have enough room for the empty mag/clip to go into your inventory BEFORE it tries to load the other. It no longer swaps them, but instead tries to put the mag into your inventory and then load the next one. If there isn't room or the right space it will drop the mag. When you are in a running gun battle it can be really hard to backtrack to where you dropped said mag and I have lost a few that way. Now I keep space open, just in case.