Sign in to follow this  
reapo22

Thoughts about Zombie Numbers

I am having fun with it! Its a BIG challenge to try and find supplies by yourself. The only bad thing about it is, Noobs are going to have an extremely tough time with this environment.

I've played ARMA 2 enough to know which town I am in as soon as I enter the town. It isn't alien to me. I know the buildings to look for, I know the stairs to look for to channel zombies in.

New players are going to play and their going to do one of two things. They will rage quit instantly then and there (or when they die) and get on these forums right here, register an account and make a thread in the Bug Reports section with a title of "ZOMBIE NUMBERS?!?!"

OR

They will spam chat (VOIP or just regular old typing chat) looking for people to group up with and constantly ask for help. That can get annoying quick.

My opinion to solve this small problem is...

1. Slightly reduce the amount of zombies, so that when a player spawns, they have a fighting chance of actually gathering supplies.

2. Increase the chances of finding pistol ammo.

3. Have a random gear %. So when they spawn, they don't spawn with a pistol, 5 mags of ammo, beans, water, and bandages, but they also have a chance to either start with a survival item (Compass, Map, Hunting Knife) or a primary gun with a small amount of ammo.

That's my 2 cents. Like I said, I LOVE THIS MOD. Keep up with the great work and I'm looking forward to more awesomeness from the Dev team and the community!

P.S. To new players reading this, I strongly recommend finding a good group of players to play this patch out. It is a good mod, but its a great mod when you have someone to play it with. Myself, I have a core group of at least 20 people heading into servers and working together to one goal.

Survive.

More meele weapons would be nice. Chased by 1 zombie and no ammo = death right now. A knife would make a difference.

1. Slightly reduce the amount of zombies, so that when a player spawns, they have a fighting chance of actually gathering supplies.

Although I hate zombies, I think the current amounts are not a problem. The problem is the current spawn problem, where one moment a barn is clear and the next moment it has 20 zombies walking around it (had this last night!)

More zombies aren't that bad as long as you, the survivor, still has a change to fight them. So give them less speed, strength or stanima to be able to kill or outrun them when in groups.

Of course, lowering the amount will fix it too ;)

2. Increase the chances of finding pistol ammo.

Even when you carry 100 full mags, when you encounter 20 zeds you're dead...

3. Have a random gear %. So when they spawn, they don't spawn with a pistol, 5 mags of ammo, beans, water, and bandages, but they also have a chance to either start with a survival item (Compass, Map, Hunting Knife) or a primary gun with a small amount of ammo.

NO, NO and NO!

This will only encourage people to respawn over and over again till they get the super equipment they're looking for (especially NVG's).

Increasing the spawn rates for these special items overall would be much better.

My conclusion: I don't mind being overrun by hordes of zombies, but I do want a chance fighting them. I have no change against bandits already, and can't trust other survivors to team up...