So I just played the game with the new update after taking about a 3 week break. First time with no weapons and it sucked, but I get it. But I don't get why it's half assed...meaning I really love the game but if you start me without weapons than at least make me able to pick up the axes I see stuck in tree stumps in villages? Because in reality that's what I would look for and grab...there's a ton of them and it would help when you first start out, easier to find them guns but harder to use.

Good idea! if we find axes and stuff left on tree stumps, we should be able to take them. However, that would mean changing the model for the tree stumps to sperate the axe and the stump, so the axe may disappear after being taken. This would result in having to change the map of Chernarus, which has already been included with Arma II.

Hatchets are everywhere! I've started to refrain from picking up primaries for some time at first, just to keep the hatchet in my weapon slot for taking out the zeds safely and quietly while I gather essentials.

Maybe we could include some randoms ( but rare loots ) near the cost for noob ( like axes, or beans) not always in houses