Sign in to follow this  
Calcey

suggestion to make player think twice about PK

I just wont to say that am scared that in one moment this game will start to look like BF3 and CoD with ppls shooting and looting on sight and that this precious and big Co Op element and potential of this game will be totally destroyed.

If i wont to run and gun, without asking questions and actually without making any efforts to at least try to communicate with other players... i will for sure avoid this game and play something more RaG (rush and gun).

2 guys, sitting on the roof for 45 minutes talk about how is this great game. I was thinking: If this game is so great for you who is sitting 45 minutes in one spot... how great is for me who love to move, to make some efforts, try to achieve someting.

I totally understand that this is 100 percent open game. Do what you wont. But i only ask:

Is shoot on sight only options?

let's say you have killed 2 people' date=' your aim starts to shake a bit, and the screen gets slightly blurry, and when you take out more players the effects gets worse and worse (of course there must be a limit)

To get rid of this you'll need some sort of antidepressant which rarely spawns in houses and hospitals.

[/quote']

See, here's the problem with that: You can already murder someone in our society as it is without it eating at you like that; so imagine how much easier it gets after the chaos of a zombie apocalypse when the world has been degraded into kill or be killed?

I'm sorry, but when someone I don't know is running at me with an axe, he's no different from the zeds at that point. In fact, he's worse than them; he has an axe, the zeds just punch and claw. And when it's someone pointing a gun at me? The hell with him, dead. You'd be amazed how quickly your subconscious will dehumanize anyone you don't know when you're in a life-or-death situation. And right now (in the world of Day Z anyway), you're in a life or death situation.

I'm sorry' date=' but when someone I don't know is running at me with an axe, he's no different from the zeds at that point. In fact, he's worse than them; he has an axe, the zeds just punch and claw. And when it's someone pointing a gun at me? The hell with him, dead. You'd be amazed how quickly your subconscious will dehumanize anyone you don't know when you're in a life-or-death situation. And right now (in the world of Day Z anyway), you're in a life or death situation.

[/quote']

Good point... next time i will try slow walk :-) Also devs need to make button to holster your weapon. Maybe is better to throw all my weapon before i actually try to make contact with some other player and start running toward him. And all this just to avoid that someone does not understand me and see me wrong.

As i say... human nature will destroy us... we don't need zombies, earthquakes and other stuffs.

As i say... human nature will destroy us... we don't need zombies' date=' earthquakes and other stuffs.

[/quote']

Yes, that's kind of the main theme of some of the better zombie stories out there. The zombie apocalypse is just kind of the backdrop to a story that points-out how uncivil people will become when there's no higher authority to keep us in check.

PVP is OK.

Problem is DC exploits' date=' ghosting and cheaters.

Also lack of proper communication channels.

Add One identify for one player.

Let people communicate(bring back the side channels or add radios).

Add logout timer, fix dc exploits, server hopping etc.

And PVP will become great.

Now it is just broken.

[/quote']

This is on point.

There are a huge number of reasons why engaging another player has minimal risk, and this needs to change. Everyone that I have engaged recently disconnected 50%+ of the time. When people shoot, they disconnect instead of dealing with zombies. I have killed people yet their corpses disappear because the player disconnected.

I won't describe how frustrating this is, especially when it was a person who shot at you or your friend, but it needs to be fixed.

As i say... human nature will destroy us... we don't need zombies' date=' earthquakes and other stuffs.

[/quote']

Yes, that's kind of the main theme of some of the better zombie stories out there. The zombie apocalypse is just kind of the backdrop to a story that points-out how uncivil people will become when there's no higher authority to keep us in check.

Watch/Read 'The Road'.