Sign in to follow this  
Reevesie11

starting with a weapon

Ok i know that in the new patch they took out starting with a gun. I know there trying to make it realistic. But is it only me or if there was a zombie apocalypse i would be carrying some sort of weapon like a bat or something. I know that i would be carrying nothing. So does anyone else think they should at least let u start with a melee weapon of some sort.

Please leave how you feel about this...THANKS :D

NO

We dont need weapons at start. It only causes others to murder eachother. and weapons are still super easy to find.

In the dozens of starts Ive had, I have NEVER not found a weapon in 15 minutes of searching. If you spawn in Kamenka, run north and hit up the deer stands. Youll probably have enough weapons to begin heading to the NWAF.

If you spawn by a city just charge in and hit all the good loot spots. Chances are youll find enough to get by.

If you spawn in some remote location, loot some deerstands. They are everywhere.

I think you should start with a bat or similar melee item that takes at least two hits to kill a zombie, just because it isn't always easy to find a weapon within an hour of starting.

Ok i know that in the new patch they took out starting with a gun. I know there trying to make it realistic. But is it only me or if there was a zombie apocalypse i would be carrying some sort of weapon like a bat or something. I know that i would be carrying nothing. So does anyone else think they should at least let u start with a melee weapon of some sort.

Please leave how you feel about this...THANKS :D

At first, I completely hated the idea, and took a break from playing. But after playing the new patch and getting used to it, I'm really enjoying it. It makes finding weapons A LOT more satisfying.

I takes about 10 minutes to find a gun and while looking for it, new players learn essential skills for the game.

I feel that this thread is started about 50 times every 24 hours and that if you can't use a search function then you're not resourceful enough to have secured a weapon prior to DayZ