Sign in to follow this  
Restoned

Has anybody gotten a tent to save in v1.7.1.5?

Im just curious if anybody has, because i have yet to come back to a tent with it having anything in it after a server restart since v1.7.1.5. If anybody has got one to save for themselves can you please share how you did it?

I walked up to it, mousewheeled down to the save tent option, and selected it.

If your saved tent vanishes after a server restart, restart the server again and it will pop back up.

Never had a problem with tents in this build, apart from the fact they reappear on server restart even when you remove them... :/

All of our tents save fine.

Are you sure someone doesn't just know your tent location?

I did indeed "save" the tent. I logged back on and looked inside 2 hours later and everything vanished. Then i put a soda can into it once it was mysteriously empty and the thing completely vanished. I assume it will be back on next server restart if its as you say. Regardless, i came back to a competely empty tent almost everytime i tried to save one. So im just assuming the servers are eating my items from the tents and the tents as well.

Naw, i scouted deep into the woods on a diff server for a good spot. Then logged onto another server to actually place it. Its a pretty small server(30 ppl max). Theres no way anybody could have found it that quickly. It was nighttime and only 10 ppl were actually on the server when it was placed perfectly behind some trees. You would have literally had to hit the lottery to find it with only 10 ppl on the server and at night. All of the items are still gone.

Im asking mainly because i notice tons of ppl having this same problem. So im just curious if you save it once?, twice? three times? Of if you only save it once when you place it and thats it sort of deal.

My tents have had a ~66% save through server restart ratio. Even to the point that some of them save and some of them won't on the same restart.

Thx, after a bit more reading it seems this is a pretty common problem, even to the point where it is indeed on the dayz wiki site atm when you look up tents. So if you get one to save do you just never touch the "save" button again? Once that tent is "saved" with your items inside and it survives a server restart with all your items still in it, does it stay saved from that point out? Or does it still have a chance to either eat your gear or vanish after every single server restart?

Sry for all the questions, im just trying to get some info about tents before farming out hours of gear only to come back to an empty tent. This will pretty much determine if i ever bother with a tent until he gets around to fixing them in a future patch.

Thx for the helpful posts guys.

Where did you get the tent from? If the tent is a duplicate, it will not save contents after a reset. I'm not accusing you of duping, just suggesting that you may have unknowingly obtained a worthless tent.

My tent saves fine. It's turned invisible on me, but saves fine.

Here is my experience with tents.

I found my tent in a super market.

Scouted out a spot.

Switched servers to place the tent.

Saved Tent.

Placed a multitude of hardware in the tent.

Saved Tent.

An hour or so later, everything is gone. I've tested hardware, junk items, etc. All of them have disappeared, on server restarts 1 or 2 things returned. However they still disappeared after another server reset.

I found another tent in a different market and repeated the process with the new tent. The same thing happened as well in a completely different location.

The location is solid, it would be impossible for someone to find in such a short amount of time.

It is good to know that duplicate tents dont save any items at all. I found mine at the supermarket, so unless it was a duplicate that somebody dropped then im pretty sure it was the real deal. Ill farm a supermarket at moonlight later on and try to get one that im 100% sure is legit. It is entirely possible that one could have been a dupe that somebody else dropped so they could pick up more things(i only say that since i did indeed find it in cherno supermarket. I would think that is more likely to have happened then somebody coming across my tent in the middle of the night, in the middle of a forest while its just about perfectly placed in-between trees.

Im not doing anything wrong when i place it down tho right? Do you guys simply wait till the next server reset to make sure tent dont disappear or lose its items? Is what i mean is, do you wait to put items in it till at least 2 server restarts to ensure it wont eat your items or disappear?

Im starting to think after more and more reading into this subject that tent saving is either completely bugged for certain people, or its completely bugged on certain servers. Or i am just really really unlucky. I definately fall into the same catagory as beltway. Theres no way anybody could have found any of my tents within that timespan. The server did indeed restart within the 2-3 hours of me placing the tent down tho. I dont think thats just a coincidence, i think the restarts are simply wiping my tents.