Sign in to follow this  
RAM-bo4250

Quick question: Are there NPC helicopters flying around in vanilla Dayz mod?

I've looked for the answer doing the standard search. Can't find anything on this. I play on US 436 Hardcore server vanilla. Every time I play I keep seeing the heli fly over. One time it actually took me out. I asked the other players (usually not  a lot as it's a 1PP server) they said they didnt kill me. This has gotten me befuddled. Thanks for any answers.

Just be clear, this isnt a mod of the mod like epoch or origins, It is vanilla mod.

Its not a default setting for vanilla, but its enabled for US 436. There are options like crosshairs, max vehicles, and many more that can be set in vanilla.

I personally hope to see 436 give vets a chance to feel like bambis again, encourage cooperation, and provide an immersive hardcore survival experience where players are relieved to find other survivors.

Here is some info on 436 now, and potential for the future: link

Its not a default setting for vanilla, but its enabled for US 436. There are options like crosshairs, max vehicles, and many more that can be set in vanilla.

I personally hope to see 436 give vets a chance to feel like bambis again, encourage cooperation, and provide an immersive hardcore survival experience where players are relieved to find other survivors.

Here is some info on 436 now, and potential for the future: link

Thank you Lt Dan for the info and thread. At first I thought it was hackers since the heli always seemed to fly around where I was. Also I have been killed by (I assume NPCs) now that I read that thread. Again thought it was hackers because with only 2 players on the server it was too coincidental I was found and killed. Now I really have to be on my toes. Hellava fun time though. I just wish there were populated 1PP servers. I just cant get myself to play 3PP either on the mod or SA. 3PP is just too overpowered. It gives absolutely no solid chance for stealthiness. At least in 1 PP everyone is risking the same. Oh well, I'm in a minority.