UKA Harrysoon

Scheduled Task for Wiping Persistence [Vilayer]

With the recent issues with loot, and BI saying a workaround is to reset the persistence file to force new loot, Vilayer added in a scheduled task to automate this process. With the rollback to the 0.54 loot economy last Wednesday, Vilayer's development team saw this as a "fix" and removed the scheduled task, yet the infrastructure team have been trying to push to keep it. 

Just want to try and get the devs attention here, and anyone else with this issue, to show how much of a help this was to keep loot running smoothly. Eugen says himself to keep wiping loot on private servers to keep looting ticking over, and if we don't have this then all loot just ends up spawning in a single location somewhere on the map and, in my opinion, is worse than the 0.55 loot situation. 

It's just a big help to being able to automate the task of wiping persistence. If I wanted to add in additional restarts other than the 4 hour mandatory restarts, I'd add it in as a scheduled task. I wouldn't restart it myself in between the mandatory restarts. Same with wiping persistence, I had the scheduled task setup to run at each 4 hour restart, so I'm not going to start doing it every 4 hours myself.

Edited by Euphobia
  • Like 2

I couldn't agree more. I don't know if the other gameserver companies are doing the same as Vilayer, but the Vilayer guys should definitely be allowing this as a scheduled task. It makes absolutely no sense not to.

Just received word that Vilayer are adding this option back in as a scheduled task! Should have it within 24 hours.

• Like 1

Is it back yet? It doesn't appear to be back in my task options.

Nah, messaged them on Friday again and they said it'll now be in tomorrow (Monday) as they had to contact BI, so took longer than first anticipated.

I've sent another ticket in asking if it's still on track to being added today, so fingers crossed.

Just received this reply back now:

I am sorry for any miscommunication from the staff here but this feature is not coming back. We have been told by DayZ developers this is not allowed, if you wish to wipe persistance it has to be done manually, I fully agree and understand it is annoying but we where told to remove it.

We have to follow the requirements or we will lose our license to host DayZ Standalone, all requests need to be made to the DayZ forums and if they agree to change it they will tell us to re-add the feature. Sorry for any confusion.

If you have any other queries or issues don't hesitate to get in touch.

:/

Has someone who runs a private server with another host allowed to setup a scheduled task such as this? I know Gaming Deluxe had this option recently, but not sure if they still have it too?

Afaik they've removed the "feature" for all hosters. Too bad imo, especially with the current loot situation.

Afaik they've removed the "feature" for all hosters. Too bad imo, especially with the current loot situation.

Yea thought so. Shame really. Hopefully it's fixed next week if the update is released.