Bush_Wookieing_101

For Everyone Complaining About The Loot........

5 days ago called.  They want their hot topic back.

The complaints were legitimate.  Some servers were bugged pretty bad.  Additionally, there was a serious decrease in quantity of food while matches, cooking pot, tripod, and whatnot weren't spawning at all.

It would have been shocking if there was no backlash at all.

The game isn't hard.

Thanks for the public service tips.

First world problems, wtf.

Yeah, not sure why people have such a hard time believing lots of experienced players, who said loot was broken. I saw first hand how broken the system was, where entire military bases didn't have a single piece of loot, except on the porch of the little checkpoint place, and this was on fresh servers after multiple resets. Some choppers have no loot around them, and others have tons. It's very hit or miss. I'm logging on now to check the update.

• Like 1

Yeah, not sure why people have such a hard time believing lots of experienced players, who said loot was broken. I saw first hand how broken the system was, where entire military bases didn't have a single piece of loot, except on the porch of the little checkpoint place, and this was on fresh servers after multiple resets. Some choppers have no loot around them, and others have tons. It's very hit or miss. I'm logging on now to check the update.

Hicks even confirmed it a few days ago. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223597-service-alert-private-shard-persistence/

I have 600 hours in this game and knew this wasn't right, but they all said I was in for the easy mode PvP, l2p, check the outhouse etc. when i specifically said there where absolutely no loot on the private servers i normaly played on anywhere except hats and so on.

• Like 2

Hicks even confirmed it a few days ago. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223597-service-alert-private-shard-persistence/

I have 600 hours in this game and knew this wasn't right, but they all said I was in for the easy mode PvP, l2p, check the outhouse etc. when i specifically said there where absolutely no loot on the private servers i normaly played on anywhere except hats and so on.

but the expert hardmode players are never wrong.... we're all just lazy. i guess we shouldve been more hardmode and made things materialize out of thin F'in air!

• Like 3

there are plenty items just waiting for you to pick them up but not today :)

now you have to lose your time for not fixed everlasting hunger and drinking problem :) and have to lose at least 4x time longer to be geared up and on public server even longer.

soundless kung fu zombie can ruined your gear with few punches and - really after eating 3kg of red and blue berries i can die from starvation not in the same day but after 2 hours

have to go my stomach grumbles....

I play on the EU Mustyserver and in my opinion there is less loot like guns and ammo but clothing and other stuff Like food and medicine are there.

i hang arround stary/novy and there is plenty of loot.

1st picture wasn't from current patch

you have an Ak101 and a M4 yet in the rest of the picture you have a shot gun

not the same outfit, not even the same items in the hot bar.

only thing similar is the Gorka helmet and fire axe nice try matey

and i didn't know V3S were consider "loot"

And we have the rights to complain, because the consumers have the rights to complain this time only

The devs fucked up on the central economy with the loot and the player spawn locations

The consumer can complain when they are complaining about a product not doing something it never promised to do.

Seeing a lot of these "I find the best loot, I am awesome" threads since .55. Amazing what you can do with in depth knowledge of the map and a large group of friends.

To most of us, who don't know the map and don't play in groups (groups take away too much of the danger factor IMO), and only a vague idea of the map layout, finding good gear can be much more difficult. Not impossible and it's a labor of love of course :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/8-bitgamer/screenshots/

But we manage...

I agreed on working on the loot is a must

but questioning on your 2-2.5 hours max looting, you found 3 different set of guns, (m4, shotgun, ak and other stuff with gears) and trucks as well might be a little far fetch. This included either you gave away your gun set or die and etc or you are fully kitted then go around find the truck?

I should have phrased that differently. We found the trucks first because we were all at different parts of the map. But once we found the trucks, looking was 500% easier, as we could get to known locations extremely fast. It took maybe 2 hours and 15 mins to do a full sweep of the locations known to spawn the most loot and ended up meeting at the fire station at northwest to get a family pic.

Seeing a lot of these "I find the best loot, I am awesome" threads since .55. Amazing what you can do with in depth knowledge of the map and a large group of friends.

To most of us, who don't know the map and don't play in groups (groups take away too much of the danger factor IMO), and only a vague idea of the map layout, finding good gear can be much more difficult. Not impossible and it's a labor of love of course :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/8-bitgamer/screenshots/

But we manage...

My suggestion to people who don't know the map is to use an app like izurvive or DayZ DB because they have very detailed maps and you can easily find your way around even with little knowledge of the map.

• Like 1

I like to use DayZ DB map in Steam Overlay. It helps a lot but still takes a little time to orient myself properly. Nice thing about DayZ DB is the ability to show water pumps :)

Maybe they should have a more intelligent way of making it difficult to find food rather than just making the drops rare.

You know, they could expand hunting, fishing, foraging, you know, skill based things. Not just random drops based on luck. Thousands of players are dying of starvation as fresh spawns and getting massively frustrated. You guys say it's ok because you personally were lucky enough to find something.

It's like a fat guy looking at some starving african children and saying "What are you talking about? There's tons of food!"

Nah. The game is in development. Sometimes the devs will accidentally break something during development and we are not obligated to enjoy it. You all look kind of foolish praising the game and the devs for a development hiccup.

Edited by Sebidee

I think the devs wanna hear both sides, and from those in the middle too. I don't want 'more options', unless they are well thought out ideas. I am still not liking farming, as growing food in 15min from seeds just feels silly. Hunting is okay, but in reality, you often hunt for days or weeks before a kill happens. I used to fish in WOW, and I don't see myself doing it here. Cannibalism sounds better to me. Its a game of balance though. That is why they slow down apple picking and speed up farming.

Yeah I really don't understand farming. The last thing I'm going to do in a zombie apocalypse is start tending a pumpkin patch. They really grow in 15 minutes? Wow, realism. 

Better hunting, better fishing, that's what we need.

Yeah I really don't understand farming. The last thing I'm going to do in a zombie apocalypse is start tending a pumpkin patch. They really grow in 15 minutes? Wow, realism. 

Better hunting, better fishing, that's what we need.

I agree, hunting and fishing should be more viable ways of getting food and farming should take a few hours for realism. Once base building is implemented, farming will be very viable though because you can put a plot right in your base and, given no one finds it, you can come back every few hours to find fresh food. Also, I would like to see more animals in the game because at the moment, it is so rare to find anything that it's not worth going out of your way to find an animal when you could use your time more efficiently foraging for food and supplies.