Bigbadburts

Geforce Experience - Game cannot be optimized.

I've had a butchers around and can't find any information on this. But basically I have the latest version of DayZ, Geforce Experience and Graphics Drivers. I know that recently DayZ could be optimized using Geforce Experience, but it still says "Game cannot be optimized" in the list.

I'd rather not have to reinstall DayZ with the download and everything, so was wondering if anyone knew a solution to this problem or any ideas on what would allow me to optimize it?

Thanks in advance :)

• Like 1

Dont know any solution to that problem BUT maybe you could just put those settings manually, ingame. 

And i saw that GFE shows "wrong" settings for me to use so thats why i would use manual settings anyway.

As far as I know, GeForce Experience just can't make heads or tails of DayZ's code. In fact, optimizing DayZ is an experience significantly more difficult and involved than any other game. I would not trust any automated service to properly optimize this game. I recommend you go back to the old trial-and-error.

The .cfg files in your documents folder for DayZ have a few settings you can mess with to improve how the game runs. Launch parameters are no longer necessary (and in fact detrimental) as of .54 version. The one thing that helped the most, I think, was modifying my graphics card directly at the software level to interact with DayZ differently than other processes - it was a very specific, exacting process that involved a lot of testing.

Alas, I think that that is simply part of the DayZ experience, at this point. The game does not know how to run itself, and needs your help. =/

• Like 1

Geforce experience actually crashes if I try to optimise it with that. It just briefly shows the optimal setting before it crashes, but it is so short I can barely make out what they are.

• Like 1

Yeah i don't fully trust GFE personaly

i run in 4k, (3840 x 2160) with most settings set at highest.

GFE says i should run at 1440p with some of my settings set only to high or lower.

Now playing in 2160 with everything almost maxed out, i fluxuate in fps 30-60, with drops down to 20 in large cities.  but still playable

when i switched to GFE suggested settings i fluxuated from 25-70  with drops down to 10 in large cities.  but barely playable  i see more drops then normal in this setting then with everything maxed out.

but every patch seems to be different.  this is what i noticed on the .54 patch.   now i have not tried in the .55 patch. but i did notice my fps got worse with the .55 update.

i have not tried playing with my settings yet.  i am re-formating my computer next weekend so i will play with them then.   (getting ready for some 4k GTA V) =)

• Like 1

All GFE does is imports profiles doesn't it?  This makes it no smarter than the person at Nvidia making these profiles ... I'll stick to manual settings altho *sometimes GFE can be a good starting point.

I used GFE once with DayZ and it actually made it worse.  I had to go back in and reset it to what it originally had been before I was getting decent graphics and frame rate again.

I was wondering about that. Thank you all for the response.

After I DLed the dayz patch /from steam *cough* my comp ran slow and GFE had a hard time even loading.. and its still kinda borked.

thanks again people =) now I can look at this from another angle..

Drow..